QtPyVCP probe_basic some feedback from VFD

More
03 Feb 2020 16:00 - 03 Feb 2020 16:02 #156451 by MovT
Hi @ll

I have my work still in progress to migrate from Mach3 to LinuxCNC. I use the probe__basic VCP. If i set the spindle to a selected speed with M3 S6000 i see in the scree the 6000 in booth fields, te input box and at the left in the commanded speed. I want to set the hal to show me the commanded speed in the readonly input box and the real speed, reported from the VFD in the left. Same with spindle load. Where i can defene the 100% (eg. 8.5A) and the feedback from the VFD?

vfd.Rott is the reported real RPM from the spindle
vfd.rated-motor-current is the AMPS that the spindle currently consume.

How i can check the halui variables where i can use? The spindle load i completely missed.

My clue to do that, don't work:.
net vfd.Rott               =>  spindle.0.revs
net vfd.Rott         =>  spindle.0.speed-in

I am so lame :( Still can't get the concept behind the Hardware Pins (input, output) from the modules (that i got, hm2_7i76e is a module with pins), and the HAL. How it works and where i need to screw when i want something. As example i want to negate a digital output so it is on at the start of LinuxCNC. Its an enable the should be on to disable a leadshine driver and if i want to enable it i need to open the output. Its hairpulling for me to be so helpless.

This won't work also:
#Invert enable 
setp hm2_7i76e.0.7i76.0.0.output-04 1
#Bind the pin finally
net a-enable  =>     hm2_7i76e.0.7i76.0.0.output-04

Is there a presentation or a video out there where i can try to follow the design and concept of LinuxCNC?

Thanks a million for any clue.

Best,
Udo
Last edit: 03 Feb 2020 16:02 by MovT.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Feb 2020 16:25 #156453 by Todd Zuercher
To invert your output pin on your 7i76, you would use the hal parameter hm2_7i76e.0.7i76.0.0.output-04-invert. So in your hal file change this line
#Invert enable 
setp hm2_7i76e.0.7i76.0.0.output-04 1

to this
#Invert enable 
setp hm2_7i76e.0.7i76.0.0.output-04-invert  true

It is an awful lot to learn to get the hang of this. Keep asking questions and looking at the documentation, and you'll soon get it figured out.

More
03 Feb 2020 16:30 #156454 by Todd Zuercher
For you spindle speed issues, we might need to see a copy of your whole hal file to find all of the problems.

More
03 Feb 2020 18:04 #156456 by MovT
Hi Todd!

Your tipp was great. I am sure i would solved it by my self but where i can find those infos?

I'll post my hal and ini file later.

Best,
Udo

More
03 Feb 2020 19:24 #156464 by MovT
Here are the files what i am actual using. The A-Axis isn't in function right now. I want it in two ways with separate configs one as a lathe spindle and one as a A Axis for 4 axis milling. All is work in progress.

Tanks in advance,

Udo
Attachments:

More
04 Feb 2020 14:32 #156503 by Todd Zuercher
Here is a link to the general Linuxcnc docs.
linuxcnc.org/docs/html/

And here is the man page for the Hostmot2 driver (for Mesa cards)
linuxcnc.org/docs/html/man/man9/hostmot2.9.html

The man page is a little tough to work through if you aren't familiar with how it works. For your example I just opened Halshow on a machine I have with a similar card and looked at what the parameter names were for that.

I am not 100% sure why your VFD isn't working. My best guess is that the drive isn't correctly configured to be controlled using the serial port. But that also doesn't mean that you have the USB/RS485 configured correctly, or are using the right driver. (there is more than one Huanyan VFD driver. and who knows if your drive is compatible with either of those.)

It looks like you have the drive connected to the run signal through its terminal strip to the 7i76E, and that may be what is starting and stopping the drive rather than the serial command (which you also have connected.)

More
04 Feb 2020 14:35 - 04 Feb 2020 14:41 #156504 by MovT
Hi Todd.

Th VFD works perfectly. The display in the screen isn't. I want to show the real motor rpm and amp usage to show in the screen.

Best,
Udo
Attachments:
Last edit: 04 Feb 2020 14:41 by MovT.

More
04 Feb 2020 15:23 #156509 by Todd Zuercher
Ok, then you need to make sure the feedbacks for those items are connected to your GUI. I am not familiar with QtPyVCP. or the Probe Basic GUI. Configuring the spindle speed feedback should be as simple as connecting the correct hal pins. (Not sure what they might be, try looking them up with Halshow.

I don't know if there is any provision for displaying spindle amps. You may have to customize the GUI to add that feature. But you could look at the value with Halmeter or Halshow. (I think the hal pin might be vfd.OutA)

More
22 Mar 2020 00:50 #161042 by MovT
Hi Todd.

I searched and searched and searched. Halshow, the Internet and i did not find any clue. It looks like the Spindle Load Widget is not wired to any hal.pin ;(

It is true?

Hope all are well in this sad Covid-19 crisis!

Best,
Udo

More
22 Mar 2020 01:36 #161046 by KCJ
Udo,

The SpindleLoad widget in ProbeBasic does not create any HAL pins. It needs to be updated with the new HAL enabled bar indicator widget. We will try to get it updated before the next release of ProbeBasic.

Cheers,
Kurt

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds