Where do you find the Probe Basic Lathe VCP?

More
26 Apr 2020 20:34 #165693 by helmholtz
I followed the getting started guide and in the VCP chooser there is an option for Probe Basic, which is the 3-5 mill interface. The QtPyVCP website also shows a lathe interface but there don't seem to be any files associated with that.

What am I missing here? Thank!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Apr 2020 22:39 #165713 by KCJ
Hello,
The probe basic lathe files are still in the ProbeBasic repo, but they have been removed from the VCP list since they are not fully functional yet.

Cheers,
Kurt

More
27 Apr 2020 16:13 #165843 by helmholtz
Thanks for the reply. It's by far the best looking lathe interface I've seen. I hope that you are able to continue working on releasing it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KCJ

More
30 Apr 2020 00:12 #166176 by KCJ
Thank you! TurBoss and Lcvette have done a great job.
Lcvette is building a CNC lathe, so I'm sure it will be completed sooner or later.

Cheers,
Kurt

More
16 May 2020 12:07 #167958 by Lcvette

Thanks for the reply. It's by far the best looking lathe interface I've seen. I hope that you are able to continue working on releasing it.

Thanks, we are working on it daily at the moment! and we need some lathe users who know cnc lather operation to pop in and help answer some questions us new to lathe guys are. currently we have some questions regarding how the css, feed per rev, feed per unit stuff should be setup, we also would like some lathe tool input on how the touch off thing should work etc and the tool table stuff. I am very familiar with mills but am fairly inexperienced when it comes to lathe controls so please if you have some knowledge that you can share and help us get it right, I am sure it would go alot faster to getting it finished and out in a user release!

Thanks all!

Chris
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
18 May 2020 09:32 #168133 by vmihalca
Hi, I have both a lathe and a mill, running linuxcnc, I might know the information you need. Also I'm a programmer, and I would like some customizations that I could probably do myself if I get some things explained! :)

More
20 May 2020 10:31 #168361 by Becksvill
Hey guys

I have been machining in different workshops for several years using lathes. Mainly using Fagor and semiens controls.

I have a big long list of suggested things that I really liked about those controls that would be good to get into linuxcnc

and I am about to retrofit my cnc lathe myself soon

So if I can help with suggestions just sing out.

is there a chat group somewhere where we could take a look at the current progress and suggest any missing functions?

I am currently just getting to grips with QYPYVCP myself or I would try help out more.

I love what you guys are doing and definitely want to learn how to build the new gui's.

there are so many applications for them

regards

Andrew

More
20 May 2020 10:41 #168363 by tommylight

is there a chat group somewhere where we could take a look at the current progress and suggest any missing functions?

Yes, it is @hazzy , but i might be wrong since it's been some time that i did not go there.

More
20 May 2020 10:52 #168365 by Becksvill
tommy you might have to baby sit me here

I have never used IRC or anything like it

just a little bit stuck

regards

Andrew

More
Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds