M64 Connection to hal

More
27 Dec 2023 16:56 #289183 by RIDO_JIMO
Good afternoon,

I've been using the Axis launcher on my milling machine for hobby purposes. However, I've been following the developments in Probe Basic and liked all the features. I've developed an ATC carousel with 8 tools connected to a servo motor and a pneumatic piston for advancing and retracting when the ATC is activated. I'm using 4 sensors: HOME ATC to position it correctly at the end of the home cycle, a sensor to check if the tool was picked up by the spindle, and the remaining 2 sensors to track the carousel's movement.

I have the entire process completed and functional in Probe Basic. However, I'm struggling with the M64 call (macros) to control the ATC motor, which I defined as axis A in the configuration.

What do I need to do to establish the connection?

Thanks, everyone!
The following user(s) said Thank You: OldSQL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Dec 2023 17:55 #289191 by Lcvette
Replied by Lcvette on topic M64 Connection to hal
the M64 carousel control is for dumb motors, ie turn on with switch turn off with switch and relay on the sensor feedback to determine when to do that. if you are using a motor requiring step/direction input you should be using the carousel comp method, that has been covered here already in this forum, search for "spumco" who has this working and covered the process inb great detail.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RIDO_JIMO

More
27 Dec 2023 19:21 #289201 by Lcvette
The following user(s) said Thank You: RIDO_JIMO

More
27 Dec 2023 23:37 #289209 by RIDO_JIMO
Replied by RIDO_JIMO on topic M64 Connection to hal
Thank you!!
At this point I can move the carousel in the ATC GUI, but it still doesn't complete homing correctly. I think it's some issue with assigned inputs. I'll double-check everything and then post the functional configuration here!

More
28 Dec 2023 14:11 #289246 by RIDO_JIMO
At this point, I can move forward the ATC servo motor without the Geneva wheel, I can initiate the Homing cycle, but the motor continues to rotate indefinitely. I have seen and tried to implement the suggestions mentioned in the forum link above, but without success. It still says that home.sense.0 is not assigned as a pin.

More
28 Dec 2023 14:57 #289251 by Lcvette
The M66 P# you are using is a motion.digital pin and should be assigned to the net  carousel-home-sensor-input (or whatever you named it) and appropriate mesa physical pin input. This is what tells the macro the hone switch has been detected and shuts off the carousel motor rotation with a M65 P# and allows the homing macro to continue to the next step.  Seems somewhere your connections are not passing. 

You should nake a little spreadsheet that defines all of your macro IO's so you can make sure the hal is properly connected and the macros make sense. 

Mine is below for reference only and my system does not uae carousel comp, vut i would imagine its the same or similar.

Attachments:

More
29 Dec 2023 14:59 #289314 by RIDO_JIMO
After all, i have now all the stuff going on. I can home my atc and ref it.

I am now configuring and editing my macros. There are any other instruction or i just need to give the path to them in INI file to make them work when i call them in the gui?

More
29 Dec 2023 16:13 #289316 by RIDO_JIMO
The pockets are still empty even with tools in there.

Do I need another sensor? Or there are any way to make tool in pocket check without a sensor?

More
29 Dec 2023 16:23 #289317 by dpslwk
Replied by dpslwk on topic M64 Connection to hal
make sure your
PARAMETER_FILE
files has entries for 3000 -> 4024

the PB ATC tab will only show the tools in pockets after the carousel has been homed

More
29 Dec 2023 16:32 #289318 by Lcvette
the tools must be loaded in the spindle and then stored in the carousel in order to record what tool is stored in what pocket. it does not "sense" what tools are in pockets but rather tracks them after they have been stored via the toolchange.ngc macro.

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.479 seconds