AxisToolButton help

More
29 Jun 2023 20:14 #274471 by vedatech
AxisToolButton help was created by vedatech
I am trying to add a way to set axis values in my gui so I added an AxisToolButton widget for the X axis as a test. It pops up a list of options including 'set' but doesn't seem to cause any action. Does anyone have an example of how this widget should work? If not, is there a different method for setting the axis value to a number?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jun 2023 23:04 #274476 by Lcvette
Replied by Lcvette on topic AxisToolButton help
if you use the basic DROLineEdit you can simply click in it enter the desired offset number and enter and it sets the offset to that value. is that what you are trying to accomplish?

More
30 Jun 2023 15:50 #274520 by vedatech
Replied by vedatech on topic AxisToolButton help
Yes, that's what I want to do. It would be nice to have the AxisToolButton divide by two option though. I'm using qtdesigner and I don't see DROLineEdit in the list of widgets - only DROLabel which I'm using but it can't set the offset.

More
30 Jun 2023 16:03 #274522 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic AxisToolButton help
Are you using the Qtvcp (comes with linuxcnc) or QtPyVCP (an extra packaged) toolkit?

If using Qtvcp then the AxisToolButton calls a dialog for entry, that dialog must be previously setup usually with the screenoptions widget.

More
30 Jun 2023 16:17 #274523 by vedatech
I'm using Qtvcp. How can I install QtPyVCP? Is is compatible with Qtvcp so that I can use my existing widgets and add new ones?

More
30 Jun 2023 16:26 #274524 by cmorley
Ok so obviously you will get better/faster answers if you ask in the right forum heading.

In theory you should be able to mix any widgets from any library together using designer.
I personally would not recommend it.

Pick a toolkit you like and just work within it. I think both projects are pretty open to user requests and help.

More
30 Jun 2023 16:47 #274525 by vedatech
Ok, I'll go to the QtVCP forum with the original question. I did try to install QtPyVCP but it failed with:
pyqt5designer/Qt5.7.1-64bit/libpyqt5_py2.so : doesn't exist

I'll continue to try to get it installed. It seems like something I need to learn.

More
30 Jun 2023 17:00 #274528 by vedatech
I am trying to add a way to set axis values in my gui so I added an AxisToolButton widget for the X axis as a test. It pops up a list of options including 'set' but doesn't seem to cause any action. Does anyone have an example of how this widget should work? If not, is there a different method for setting the axis value to a number?

More
30 Jun 2023 17:23 #274530 by cmorley
AxisToolButton uses dialogs for entry, by default it uses 'ENTRY' (an entry dialog), you can also set it to 'CALCULATOR' for a calculator dialog. In either case the dialogs must be already loaded into the screen code. The easiest way is to let the screen options widget do it.

Do you have a screenoption widget included in your screen design?
If you do, look at the properties and check the calculatorDialog_option and entryDialog_option properties. this will load them in your screen.

You can also change the 'dialog_code_screen' property of the axisToolButton to 'CALCULATOR' to use a calculator type entry dialog.

More
30 Jun 2023 18:31 #274531 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic AxisToolButton help
@vedatech
You could have asked to move the topic here, this way of double posting with the same tittle creates a lot of trouble for us and for users searching for it.
In general: No double posting.
-
I will try to fix this later.
Thank you.

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds