OpenCV vision with EMC/linuxcnc

More
27 May 2012 16:11 #20448 by cncbasher
my thoughts are to implement a sift algorithym to compare smd shape profiles from a database ( this way it's easier to add a footprint from a pcb package)
and use the vision to orient the part to the pcb , hardware is not too difficult , and my thoughts are to use solinoids for the part reels set so one action moves the tape one part , more of a fixed rotation cam , the lifter is just the standard vacuum type on a small servo motor .

i'm looking at using the standard cam file type inputs from eagle ...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jun 2012 12:09 #20872 by tom.larkworthy
Hi! What a great thread. I am working toward a very similar goal:

edinburghhacklab.com/2012/05/optical-loc...o-0-1mm-no-problemo/

While I am doing optics for a robot arm, I am thinking I should upgrade my CNC while I am at it and stumbled across this thread. I was about to intergrate the robot operating system ros.org with linuxCNC. (ROS is maintained by Willow Garage who also maintain OpenCV). Anyway, I would be happy to collaborate getting this working. I don't expect it to take too long (4 weeks?) as I have the vision stuff built already. I just need the ROS to linuxCNC bridge built which is pretty trivial if done in python (ROS works with python and C++, we can switch later if we want).

Tom

More
13 Jun 2012 14:24 #20873 by cncbasher
Hi Tom ,
i was just looking at ros earlier today after a websearch and thought the same , in linking to linuxcnc .

Dave

More
13 Jun 2012 15:55 #20875 by tom.larkworthy
I am starting a new thread specifically for ROS integration as this one is really about OpenCV (although that is naturally integrated with ROS)
www.linuxcnc.org/index.php/english/compo...id=10&id=20874#20874

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds