How to reinstall EMC2?

More
15 Jun 2012 01:19 #20943 by KobeYang
Hi all,
I have installed EMC2 by LiveCD.But for some use,I must do some changes in it, I download the source files of 2.4.7 and modify some files,Then I build the source files,but I don't know how to reinstall it ,can you help me? thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jun 2012 09:13 #20946 by ArcEye
Replied by ArcEye on topic Re:How to reinstall EMC2?
Hi

You need to compile the sources first using ./configure --prefix=/usr for a system install
Then run make and if no errors make install

For a RIP install ./configure --enable-run-in-place
make
make setuid
. ./scripts/emc-environment

regards

More
15 Jun 2012 09:14 #20947 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Re:How to reinstall EMC2?
KobeYang wrote:

Hi all,
I have installed EMC2 by LiveCD.But for some use,I must do some changes in it, I download the source files of 2.4.7 and modify some files,Then I build the source files,but I don't know how to reinstall it ,can you help me? thanks.

I am not quite sure what you mean.

If you want to run the installed version from the LiveCD, then that is probably still installed on the system and can be accessed from the CNC menu.

If you have downloaded the source, edited it, and recompiled, then you will have two alternative systems on your computer. (You can actually have as many as you want, as the compiled versions are "Run In Place", with all their files located in the directory where you compiled).

If you look in the emc-dev (or maybe linuscnc-dev) folder in the "scripts" folder then you will find a script called emc-environment, or linuxcn-environment. if you run that in a terminal window with . ./emc-dev/scripts/emc-environment (the dot space dot slash is important) then in the context of that window the emc (or linuxcnc with version 2,5) command will start and run your compiled version.

Time to create page: 0.255 seconds