External fault

More
02 Oct 2012 11:55 #24865 by LAIR82
External fault was created by LAIR82
I was wondering if there are any input pins for external faults? I want to be able to inhibit the cycle start on my turning center if the lube cycle is not seen in a set amount of time. I have the ladder logic figured out to make it happen but I cannot find any input pin for something like a generic user-fault or alarm. I see inputs for axis amp fault but nothing else.

Thanks

Rick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Oct 2012 12:13 #24867 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Re:External fault
LAIR82 wrote:

I was wondering if there are any input pins for external faults? I want to be able to inhibit the cycle start on my turning center if the lube cycle is not seen in a set amount of time

Can you use halui.abort or halui.program.stop?

www.linuxcnc.org/docs/html/man/man1/halui.1.html

More
02 Oct 2012 12:16 #24868 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Re:External fault
Is this the same as an external e stop?

John

More
02 Oct 2012 12:23 #24869 by LAIR82
Replied by LAIR82 on topic Re:External fault
We would like to let the machine continue the program it is running and the not allow it to start another cycle. I would like to try to stay way from an e-stop, if we have to we can do a program stop. I just didn't know if there were any user faults that could be configured.

More
02 Oct 2012 12:46 #24870 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Re:External fault
LAIR82 wrote:

We would like to let the machine continue the program it is running and the not allow it to start another cycle

I _think_ that the button in Axis is hard-wired, so there isn't a trivial way to block it.

You can almost certainly perform some magic in a .axisrc file to link the "enabled" property of the button to an external HAL pin.

Alternatively, some logic between the program.is-running pin and your external signal should be possible, so that you set halui.abort if fault && NOT program.is-running.

More
02 Oct 2012 13:07 #24872 by LAIR82
Replied by LAIR82 on topic Re:External fault
Sounds like that last bit should work for me.

Thanks

Time to create page: 0.300 seconds