4 axis cnc winch style foam hotwire configuration

More
08 Oct 2012 23:13 #25148 by andypugh
mt92 wrote:

I used the values out of the stepconf wizard. I will try and change them and see what happens.

That's not going to cope well with bipod calcs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Oct 2012 23:19 #25149 by mt92
Looks like I need to do some more reading. When in joint mode does the scale not matter?

More
08 Oct 2012 23:42 #25150 by andypugh
mt92 wrote:

Looks like I need to do some more reading. When in joint mode does the scale not matter?

I am not saying that your scale is wrong, just that it looks unlikely.

I assume it needs to translate to "steps per inch of string",

The problem might be your kinematics setup. I don't think it is possible for L0 L1 L3 L4 to all be zero, and that is probably messing up the maths.
They are the other sides of the triangles where D01 and D34 are the top horizontal sides. It is impossible for L0 + L1 to be less than D01 and typically they would be about the same value.

More
09 Oct 2012 22:49 #25190 by mt92
Yes the kinematics was wrong. I also backed the scale way down and it is still giving me a joint following error?

More
09 Oct 2012 22:53 #25191 by andypugh
mt92 wrote:

Yes the kinematics was wrong. I also backed the scale way down and it is still giving me a joint following error?

I suspect that it might not be the cause of the following error, but the scale ought to go up for conversion from mm to in.
It is steps-per-unit, and it takes more steps to haul in an inch of thread than it does a mm.

I think you need to go through your iNI and work out whether every number is the _right_ number.

More
12 Oct 2012 19:10 #25276 by mt92
I am getting much closer, thanks to the help on this forum.:cheer:

I have another strange issue. while checking my scale I noticed that it jogs great in Y but in X it is very slow and gets slower near the ends of its travel. I am not seeing this in the settings. I have attached my ini file.

Thanks
Mike

File Attachment:

File Name: my_mill-da...0534.ini
File Size:4 KB
Attachments:

More
12 Oct 2012 21:25 #25279 by mt92
Ok I ran a program and it works. But the right and left is backward on the A-B axis. If I switch this in my p right hal it messes up my up and down.

Any ideas?

More
15 Oct 2012 11:33 #25330 by andypugh
mt92 wrote:

Ok I ran a program and it works. But the right and left is backward on the A-B axis

I assume that A and B are angle from vertical and from horizontal?

I am not entirely sure how one would define what the sense of those angles should be.

Is the problem a mismatch between CAM and CNC?

Time to create page: 0.188 seconds