a way to find a line in G code program

More
23 Oct 2012 22:06 #25717 by Dave_Dyke
Hi all,

I am running a drill with 2.5.1 using the axis interface, my programs are just a canned cycle to drill a grid of a 1000 or so holes. I find that with this simple program, run from line works very well, re-starting in a canned cycle is no problem for me when I have conditions right.
My biggest problem when re-starting a program is finding the line I want to run from, is there any way to add a search tool that I can input a number and have the control highlight it, then I could just right click and run from line.
I do use the gui to get close to the hole I want to be on but the number of holes and how close they are together makes it very difficult to select the right one, then I have to move through the program to find the right line.
Or is there another way of finding the line I want to go to.

Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Oct 2012 22:49 #25719 by andypugh
Dave_Dyke wrote:

My biggest problem when re-starting a program is finding the line I want to run from, is there any way to add a search tool that I can input a number and have the control highlight it, then I could just right click and run from line.

Not easily. You could go to the "File -> Edit menu item, open the G-code in the the text editor and search there. The line numbers match in both windows (you can turn on line numbers in gedit if they are missing)

I do use the gui to get close to the hole I want to be on but the number of holes and how close they are together makes it very difficult to select the right one,

You can boom in, in theory, and clear the back plot at the start of each part-run.

More
24 Oct 2012 00:06 #25724 by Dave_Dyke
Thanks for your reply, unfortunately I am not able to zoom in enough, is there something I could do to improve the zoom.

More
24 Oct 2012 00:10 #25725 by BigJohnT
The zoom is infinite AFAIK...

John

More
24 Oct 2012 00:25 #25726 by andypugh
Dave_Dyke wrote:

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately I am not able to zoom in enough, is there something I could do to improve the zoom.

Possibly. It might even be something in axis (usr/bin/axis) that you can over-ride with an entry in ~/.axisrc. However my Python is weak and I can't figure it out.

More
24 Oct 2012 11:18 #25737 by BigJohnT
BigJohnT wrote:

The zoom is infinite AFAIK...

John

So much for memory... it does seem to stop zooming at some point.

John

Time to create page: 0.386 seconds