5axiskins and W axis

More
14 Aug 2013 20:16 #37663 by Todd Zuercher
Replied by Todd Zuercher on topic 5axiskins and W axis
I guess I realy don't understaind what your trying to do, or why you would need a faux W axis. I thought W is supposed to be a secondary linear axis parallel with Z?? If you want a faux axis just set up a compleate stepper config for it without connecting any of the step and direction outputs. But I still fail to understaind what that gains you.

Where is the begining of this thread, I feel like I'm missing alot of the picture.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Aug 2013 20:19 #37664 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic 5axiskins and W axis

I guess I realy don't understaind what your trying to do, or why you would need a faux W axis..

Try the 5 axis sim config. It has a Vismach model of the virtual machine so you can see what it gives you.

XYZ describe the tool point position in space. Then W moves are along the tool axis, so you can drill in funny directions.

More
14 Aug 2013 21:53 - 14 Aug 2013 21:54 #37667 by eslavko
Replied by eslavko on topic 5axiskins and W axis
Hello...

Feedback on joint 8 (W) axis doesn't solve problem.
So here are attached ini and hal files.
If I select trivkins in first line in hal, the whole thing moving as I expect. But If I select 5axiskins in hal (they are both written but one is commented) I got trouble.

When I start LinuxCNC if I 1'st hit $ key to go in world mode I got folowing error instantly. (If I move XYZ I got error for that joint, but if I move B or C I got sometime error in joint 0 or 4 or 5).

If I start LinuxCNC and leave in joint mode I can jog individual joint's. But there is no way to switch to world mode. I got error that axes aren't homed, even if all are homed!

Any Idea?
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 Aug 2013 21:54 by eslavko.

Time to create page: 0.129 seconds