Make linuxcnc assume a tool when home A axis

More
08 Nov 2013 00:32 - 08 Nov 2013 00:34 #40639 by jtc
Hi.

How can I make linuxcnc assumes that one tool is loaded when a home the tools axis ?(a home pin enables the drive to make a home, it moves the tool to the correct position)

For now, when the axis is homed, theGUI displays "no tool", Only if I request to change the tool, it will change this information, and change the tool if it is a different tool.

The big problem is when, lets say, it is in tool 5 and by default it homes to tool 1 (make a second home). it assumes that stay on tool 5, and if I do t5m6 it doesn't move...

Tnks,

João Tiago
Last edit: 08 Nov 2013 00:34 by jtc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Nov 2013 01:02 #40640 by ArcEye
Hi

This comes up regularly

This thread and links in it point to some of the possible ways. If it works then M61 is the easiest.

www.linuxcnc.org/index.php/english/forum...-down?start=60#35444

regards

More
08 Nov 2013 01:42 #40641 by jtc

Hi

This comes up regularly

This thread and links in it point to some of the possible ways. If it works then M61 is the easiest.

www.linuxcnc.org/index.php/english/forum...-down?start=60#35444

regards

Tnks for the reply, but none of these solutions resolve my problem, maybe only that change the iocontrol, but I'm not seeing how to do that for now.

One thing that should be great is if I can send a Gcode from my toolchange component, or if I can associate a gcode to a hal pin. for example, I home the A axis (triggered by one hal pin), and associated to this pin send a "TxxM6". that should solve my problems...

More
08 Nov 2013 16:42 #40665 by ArcEye

Tnks for the reply, but none of these solutions resolve my problem, maybe only that change the iocontrol, but I'm not seeing how to do that for now.

One thing that should be great is if I can send a Gcode from my toolchange component, or if I can associate a gcode to a hal pin. for example, I home the A axis (triggered by one hal pin), and associated to this pin send a "TxxM6". that should solve my problems...

If you post your toolchange component, may have a better idea how you can achieve it

regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtc

More
08 Nov 2013 18:56 #40667 by jtc

If you post your toolchange component, may have a better idea how you can achieve it

regards

Tanks. the problem was solved few minutes ago. I used one halui.mdi-command-"xx" (to make a TxM6) from one output of the component. works great for now :laugh: it refreshes the toolnumber like it should.

João Tiago

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds