Precision for internal calculations (gauging issue

More
06 Oct 2014 20:22 #51823 by emcPT
Today I got an issue where the controller was complaining about an arc that would trigger the gauging error.

The code is automatically generated, that normally do not present errors, but I was checking it with the help of a CAD.
At the end the issue was that one off the coordinates needed to be:

instead of the value that was being used:
that was rounded by the software that generated the software.

So, for this particular job, I needed to have 4 decimal places.
My question is where can I change the trigger condition of the gauging error? There is any config value or it needs to be changed on the source code?
Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Oct 2014 23:08 #51826 by ArcEye
Hi

My question is where can I change the trigger condition of the gauging error? There is any config value or it needs to be changed on the source code?

It is in the source code, see
src/emc/rs274ngc/interp_queue.cc
src/emc/rs274ngc/interp_convert.cc

I think it might be a lot of work to change that, can you prevent your CAM from rounding down on arcs ?

regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: emcPT

More
07 Oct 2014 00:21 #51827 by emcPT
Thank you for the reply.
Yes, I can change the CAM as I made it, but I was hoping that there were a setting on lcnc, as this issue is only a problem on lcnc. Others controllers use the code without triggering the error as I tested, and normally all use only 3 decimals. This way I need to add the number of decimal places to display on the CAM that also give me a lot of work.

More
07 Oct 2014 18:36 #51842 by andypugh

Thank you for the reply.
Yes, I can change the CAM as I made it, but I was hoping that there were a setting on lcnc, as this issue is only a problem on lcnc. Others controllers use the code without triggering the error as I tested, and normally all use only 3 decimals.

I suspect that the problem is that whoever coded that bit of LinuxCNC was thinking in inches.
4 places of decimals in metric is just silly.

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds