Heavy HAL file gives problem setting motion.analog

More
12 Nov 2014 00:14 #53022 by rushabh
Hey guys,

My Linuxcnc starts normally from ini file without any issues and keeps on until I set-analog-out (motion.analog-out-xx) in some hal files.

If I use a light weighted HAL file, it works well, everything runs as we expect, able to set analog out with out any problems, while if HAL file get really loaded (many real time components with many pins and signals) same dev-code gives me error when setting analog-out from python-interface "emcmodule.cc".

I increased HAL_STACKSIZE and HAL_SIZE in hal_priv.h.

(I have linuxcnc updated to master)

Setting analog value from (axis's) MDI page also gives an error but it also sets the analog-out pin where as python-interface just returns on time-out without setting value to the the pin.

Where shall I look for this issue, is it the shared memory or its some thing else ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Nov 2014 04:20 #53028 by cmorley
You should present this problem on the Dev maillist or talk about it on the dev IRC.

The best people to to direct you hang out there and usually don't look here.

Posting the HAL files somewhere would be helpful as well as mush more detail of what version / distribution you are using.

eg master on debian Wheezy using RTAI
got the version buildbot or from source on GIT etc.

Chris M

More
25 Aug 2015 21:52 #61784 by HalaszAttila
Hello,
I currently working on a retrofitting a turret punching machine (Trump - Trumatic 180) with LinuxCNC, and I also met with this "Insufficient memory for pin..." error message.
If I delete some code from *.HAL file, the LinuxCNC starts without error message.
But I cant continue coding without more HAL memory...
Can anybody help me how to change the above mentioned "hal_priv.h (HAL_STACKSIZE, HAL_SIZE )", and then how to rebuild LinuxCNC? (I am newbie in Linux... )
What will happen if I change the HAL_STACKSIZE & HAL_SIZE for example on twice a size, control instability or delays?

LinuxCNC version: 2.6 @ Debian.

H. Attila.

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds