Mesa 5i25 + 7i85 Index pin

More
13 Mar 2015 02:18 #56762 by DOHC
Hello Everyone,

I have a little problem with configuration described in subject. I want to use index homing on my mill but i cant get index signal from hostmot2. Encoder is conected to 7i85 board and works well if we talk about position. I thought that every time index appear pin index-enable will be true. Manual says:

index-enable - (Bit, I/O) When this pin is set to True, the count (and therefore also position) are reset to zero on the next Index (Phase-Z) pulse. At the same time, index-enable is reset to zero to indicate that the pulse has occurred.

in my system when index appear (if earlier i set in hal file index-enable to 1) position and count arent set to zero but index-enable goes to 0. When encoder turns furher nothing happens becouse index-enable is 0. How can I get index pulse to contect it to index-enable for apropriate axis?

Parameters configuration is:
counter-mode - 0
filter -0
index-invert - 0
index-mask - 0
index-mask-invert - 0
I have checked I think every combination of those parameters but nothing changes. What I am doing wrong?
Firstly I was afraid that something is wrong with my encoder but I've tested 6 difrend encoders (every one was tested on the osciloscope and work well.) and the situation is the same.

Thank you very much for feedback and sorry for my Englisch :) If something is hard to understand pleas ask, i try to explain.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Mar 2015 02:37 #56763 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Mesa 5i25 + 7i85 Index pin
You must set index enable for it to be active, normally this is done in the hal file
by linking axis.N.index-enable to the hardware's index enable pin (for motion axis)
and linking motion.spindle-index-enable to the spindle encoders index enable

Note that the encoder position is set to 0 when index occurs but the raw encoder count is not changed

More
13 Mar 2015 03:32 #56768 by DOHC
Replied by DOHC on topic Mesa 5i25 + 7i85 Index pin

You must set index enable for it to be active, normally this is done in the hal file
by linking axis.N.index-enable to the hardware's index enable pin (for motion axis)
and linking motion.spindle-index-enable to the spindle encoders index enable

Note that the encoder position is set to 0 when index occurs but the raw encoder count is not changed

Ok but when i link hardware index-enable with axis index-enable pin like this:

net index_z axis.3.index-enable => hm2_5i25.0.encoder.03.index-enable

still nothing happens.

I've tried to write component with "comp" which will be connected to servothread and will reset index-enable every cycle but I don't know how to write function which will use hal comands.
I thing there is a little detail which I've ommited.

Thank you for response.

More
13 Mar 2015 03:53 #56770 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Mesa 5i25 + 7i85 Index pin
You do not need to set index enable, linuxcnc sets it (via the axis pin) at the appropriate
time in the homing sequence if homing on index is enabled

More
13 Mar 2015 22:31 #56790 by DOHC
Replied by DOHC on topic Mesa 5i25 + 7i85 Index pin
Thank You very much !!

I've lost three afternoons trying to see index signal on halscope :). Now understand how it should to work, after tests i think every thing works fine :).

Thank you once again.

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds