Motion Feed Hold Without Arc-OK

More
29 Jul 2015 05:09 #61007 by Paul
Hey ArcEye. I believe you got me there! After initial testing without plasma cutter on, I can get the feed to hold. I took your first set of code and inverted the arc-ok signal. That will allow axis to move into position, touch off to find top of material, enable torch relay and then just hold... and hold... While it was holding, I jumpered the arc-ok pins and feed hold released and axis movement continued. I will test fully in the next day or two.

As before, thank you very much!!!

Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Aug 2015 03:06 - 01 Aug 2015 03:11 #61077 by mkardasi
Paul,

You can also use M66 to check your Arc-OK signal. Here is an example that waits 5 seconds after the Torch is fired. If it doesn't sense Arc-OK true then it posts a message and pauses the program.
M3 S1     (Fire Arc)
M66 P0 L3 Q5     (Wait for a high state on motion.digital-in-00 for up to 5sec)
O991 IF [#5399 EQ -1]     (If M66 timeout while waiting)
     M5      (Torch Off)
    (MSG, Arc Start Fail! Program Paused.)     (Post a message to GUI)
     M0      (Pause the program)
O991 ENDIF

You would have to add this connection to your HAL file (assuming digitalin-00 is not assigned to something else)
net ArcOK <= motion.digital-in-00

You could use the above G-code as an external subroutine which is called instead of M3.
Last edit: 01 Aug 2015 03:11 by mkardasi.

More
02 Aug 2015 08:56 #61117 by Paul
Thanks Guncotton,

That is what I was using, but that only checks once. I was wanting a way to check for the Arc-OK at all times when the torch is activated.

But thanks for mentioning it,

Paul

More
02 Aug 2015 18:19 #61120 by BigJohnT

Thanks Guncotton,

That is what I was using, but that only checks once. I was wanting a way to check for the Arc-OK at all times when the torch is activated.
Paul

You can do that in HAL.

JT

More
03 Aug 2015 22:47 #61142 by Paul
With ArcEye's work, I think I have it now where motion is halted if the arc-ok signal drops while cutting (or never existed from the beginning of an arc start).

I ran it this weekend and did not have a negative effects like halted motion when it shouldn't have halted.

Is there another way? I'm using and2 and inverted arc-ok signal to accomplish the motion-hold.

OK

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds