XY;UV Foam Machine - Rotate machine 90 degrees

More
21 Aug 2015 09:40 - 21 Aug 2015 09:42 #61612 by Askjerry
I finally figured out how to create an XY;UV machine for foam cutting.... my friend Wolf is building a machine... and I am working on the configuration for him. I am VERY close to having what I need... but missing one little part.

Currently the configuration is XY;UV because that is what he said his software uses... his software considers X to rin on the left horizontally (front to back) what would normally be considered the Y-Axis. The Y-Axis is an up and down movement, what would normally be considered as the Z-Axis.

The U-Axis would be on the right, front to back, and the V-Axis would be the equivelent of the Z-Axis on the right of the machine.

The code that I have (attached) has the X/Y on the bottom, and the U/V on the top which works just fine. If I were to turn the monitor 90 degrees to the left... everyting would line up with his physical machine design.

So... I know it has something to do with the kinematics... and I'm reading this : KINEMATICS

I'm just not getting it... I've tried several modifications... but I'm just not getting it. :(

Does someone here know how to rotate this 90 degrees in Axis?? I know it has to be an edit of wolf.hal but i'm just missing it. :dry:

Thanks,
Jerry

File Attachment:

File Name: wolf.tar.gz
File Size:3 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 21 Aug 2015 09:42 by Askjerry. Reason: Fixed link

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Aug 2015 15:18 #61617 by cncbasher
what cam software is he using ?

More
23 Aug 2015 07:20 #61663 by Askjerry
He will be using PROFILI 2

Hope that helps.

Jerry

More
23 Aug 2015 18:40 #61674 by cncbasher
you can move the axis around in an ini file , see this link , ( sorry it's in french , but easily translated )

www.usinages.com/threads/utilisation-de-...il-chaud-xyuv.52507/

More
23 Aug 2015 22:38 - 23 Aug 2015 22:40 #61688 by Askjerry
I ran the page through Google Translate so I could read it in English: TRANSLATED PAGE
(You can paste a URL into Google Translate and it will translate the entire page... then copy that link to post elsewhere FYI.)

They are talking about taking an XYZA mill and converting it to XYUV which I already have fully operational. (See the attachment in my prior post.) I've done what he was suggesting, but the axis remains as shown, with the XY still along the horizontal plane. Ideally the X would be translated to Y, and Y would be translated to Z... I think I need to start with a simple XYZ mill and see if I can then,,,
  • Omit the Z-Axis
  • Assign the Y-Axis to the omitted Z-Axis
  • Assign the X-Axis to the now translated Y-Axis.
If I can accomplish the above... then I should be able to do the same for the UVW axis set.

As far as what they were talking about... I have tried variants of that... I'll keep trying and see if I am successful.
Last edit: 23 Aug 2015 22:40 by Askjerry.

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds