after home it goes past offset toward 0

More
24 Apr 2016 20:19 #73818 by Alicee
Mr JT, ok, thanks I tried it just as you say. I set home offset to 1.0 and home to 0.0
I think it is a bug in my head or a bug in this cnc.

Doing as you say, it seeks HM then stop at HOME = 0. Cannot violate min soft limit of zero for left end or error popup.
For doing as you say then dotted red box show machine limits decrease size to HM -1.0 make it too small, loses travel area.
Then I try many many combo of numbers in HOME and OFFSET parms.

0,1 or 0,-1 or -1,0 or 8,6 or 6,8 or 8,0 or 0,8 or 2,0 >>> etc. >>> systematic testing

IT NEVER RESPECT HOME VALUE. It always goes to zero after finds HM switch. Only difference is with HOME value determines where dotted red box is cut off smaller.

I also changes SEARCH_VEL and LATCH_VEL to both positive and tried homing from about 4" position. It worked ok hunt to right but same end results. IT NEVER RESPECT HOME VALUE. It always goes to zero after finds HM switch.

I see that this is never noticed if HM switch is same as LIMIT switch and shared same for both purpose. But it looks for me like it is not what is said in linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/config/ini-homing.html but then I must be reading something wrong.

I want to home from about middle of X (say 12" position) and goes left toward HM. This HM switch about 8" from left limit (aka zero). Then after HM is located precise then go to 6.0" and stop. And soft limit should still be 6 more inch left of where it stopped.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Apr 2016 20:51 #73819 by BigJohnT
On my plasma gantry running LinuxCNC 2.7.4 and the Axis interface with the left limit switch as my home switch I set home to 1.0 and my home offset is -0.125 after homing the X axis moves to 1.125 from the switch and the DRO reads 1.0 as expected. If I set my home to 0.0 and my home offset to -1.125 after homing the X axis is 1.125 from the home switch and the DRO for X reads 0.0 as expected. Is it possible your editing the wrong ini file? Do you have more than one ini file? Are you running one of the touch screen GUI's? Are you running LinuxCNC 2.7.4?

JT

More
24 Apr 2016 21:13 - 24 Apr 2016 21:28 #73820 by Alicee
I have correct ini I'm edit cause every time I edit it then run LinuxCNC then those edit takes effect. Besides, only 1 ini file. Top of windows says 2.7.4 so that looks right. I updated it last week.

I no doubt what you said about your machine. But it is not agreed with linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/config/ini-homing.html cause it says like this paste here:

3.6. HOME_OFFSET

Contains the location of the home switch or index pulse, in joint coordinates. It can also be treated as the distance between the point where the switch or index pulse is latched and the zero point of the joint. After detecting the index pulse, LinuxCNC sets the joint coordinate of the current point to HOME_OFFSET. The default value is zero.
3.7. HOME

The position that the joint will go to upon completion of the homing sequence. After detecting the home switch or home switch then index pulse (depending on configuation), and setting the coordinate of that point to HOME_OFFSET, LinuxCNC makes a move to HOME as the final step of the homing process. The default value is zero. Note that even if this parameter is the same as HOME_OFFSET, the joint will slightly overshoot the latched position as it stops. Therefore there will always be a small move at this time (unless HOME_SEARCH_VEL is zero, and the entire search/latch stage was skipped). This final move will be made at the joint’s maximum velocity unless HOME_FINAL has been set.
Note
The distinction between home_offset and home is that home_offset first establishes the scale location on the machine by applying the home_offset value to the location where home was found, and then home says where the joint should move to on that scale.]

And my Home switch is not sharing with my neg limit.

So, the start part of homing work exactly according to manual. Works good all the way up to point when DRO is set = to HOME value (like 8.0 for mine). After that it is supposed to go at FINAL_VEL to the HOME position (like 6.0) for me.

I think the cnc software is not correct for HM switch in mid area of travel. It disrespect HOME always !

But maybe I read it wrong. That what I am needing to know: Should I experiment and see what is happens and try to work around a bug or should I believe the manual at linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/config/ini-homing.html and I am reading it wrong?

thank you sir,
Alice
Last edit: 24 Apr 2016 21:28 by Alicee. Reason: colors

More
24 Apr 2016 21:24 #73821 by Alicee
reading your effects on your machine:
because your shared switch for limit and home then left soft limit is ignore for homing

if you set offset = -.125 then that is left of soft zero then home=1.0, so machine moves ABS(1.0 - -.125) which is 1.125 and the DRO started zero at as far left as possible so when it stopped it was at 1.125

if you set offset = 1 and home = -.125 then machine moves ABS(-.125 - 1) which is also 1.125 and the DRO started zero as far left as possible so when it finish at 1.125

So is why both your cases is same results. It is a special situation cause 1 switch is shared and neg soft is ignore.

My case have 2 switch and never touch neg limit. HM is in middle. It therefore works different. Still not like "Homing Configuration" on manual like in linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/config/ini-homing.html

More
24 Apr 2016 22:21 - 24 Apr 2016 22:40 #73824 by BigJohnT
I assume you have the home switch connected to axis.N.home-sw-in in your hal file as an experiment try connecting it to axis.N.pos-lim-sw-in and home from the left side of the switch. It could be a bug...

So is why both your cases is same results?

Well each case moves the axis to the same location but one way the DRO reads X0.0 and in the other case the DRO reads X1.0 so different results.

Edit: I just looked at your hal file and you do have the home switch connected to the axis.0.home-sw-in which is correct.

JT
Last edit: 24 Apr 2016 22:40 by BigJohnT.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alicee

More
24 Apr 2016 23:13 #73825 by Alicee
Hi Mr JT and thanks your helping very much.

I know I am somewhat unbelievable cause this machine is doing not right yet. But I made a video so you can see it.

see attach (u can del ".clp" to play as mp4)

Thanks for looking!
Attachments:
  • disrespect....mp4.clp

More
24 Apr 2016 23:33 #73826 by BigJohnT
I believe you that is it not doing as expected and you don't have to call me Mr. it makes me feel older than I am lol...

JT

More
24 Apr 2016 23:49 #73828 by Alicee
hehehehe ;-)

I guess I need expectation adjustment. LOL. Did you see video?
I try many things with ini settings. I try every combo. It always goes to zero AFTER proper setting offset in DRO.
It always does initial hunting, back off, slow hunt, set DRO, then go to zero (I said disrespect HOME always).
I also try "-not" in hal but that made worse, now it is not "-not".

what is your expert opinion what should do now?

Thanks,
Alice

More
26 Apr 2016 11:32 - 26 Apr 2016 13:05 #73893 by BigJohnT
I am out of guesses and can't reproduce what your getting and by far I'm no expert just a user. There still has to be something in your configuration that is messed up I just don't have a clue what might be messed up. Try and start a new configuration.

JT
Last edit: 26 Apr 2016 13:05 by BigJohnT.

More
26 Apr 2016 12:28 - 26 Apr 2016 12:30 #73896 by Todd Zuercher
I think I might see your problem. If the ini file you posted further up is still the one that you are working with, the problem is that you have 2 HOME= entries in each axis section. The first "HOME = 0.0" in each section is the one that is obeyed the second (the one you are trying to use) is then ignored. If you delete the extra HOME = 0.0 it should work for you.
#********************
# Axis X
#********************
[AXIS_0]
TYPE = LINEAR
HOME = 0.0    (DELETE THIS LINE AND ALL SHOULD BE FINE)
FERROR = 0.5
MIN_FERROR = 0.05
#next is in machine units per second
MAX_VELOCITY = 1.2
MAX_ACCELERATION = 3
# The values below should be 25% larger than MAX_VELOCITY and MAX_ACCELERATION
# If using BACKLASH compensation STEPGEN_MAXACCEL should be 100% larger.
STEPGEN_MAXVEL = 1.4
STEPGEN_MAXACCEL = 3.75
P = 50.0
I = 0.0
D = 0.0
FF0 = 0.0
FF1 = 1.0
FF2 = 0.0
BIAS = 0.0
DEADBAND = 0.0
MAX_OUTPUT = 1.25
# these are in nanoseconds
DIRSETUP   = 5000
DIRHOLD    = 5000
STEPLEN    = 5000
STEPSPACE  = 5000
STEP_SCALE = 10160
#next are soft limits values
MIN_LIMIT = 0.0
MAX_LIMIT = 22.0
#home is where it goes after homed to HOME sw position
HOME = 6.0
#offset is at this value ---at home pos this is put into DRO
HOME_OFFSET = 8.0
#vel is how fast it first approach the switch, hunting, - is neg direction + is pos
HOME_SEARCH_VEL = -0.30
#lacth vel is on 2nd approach to sw position
HOME_LATCH_VEL = -0.04
#final vel is how fast it moves AFTER it is homed and going to offset, 0=maxvel
HOME_FINAL_VEL = 0.50
HOME_USE_INDEX = NO
#sequence is order of homing. 0 is first. Simultaneous if same number. -1 = don't do
HOME_SEQUENCE = 3
Last edit: 26 Apr 2016 12:30 by Todd Zuercher.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BigJohnT, Alicee

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds