Using the Master Branch

More
11 Feb 2017 12:16 - 05 Jun 2019 23:46 #87809 by BigJohnT
Just to let everyone know that the Master Branch ~pre0-2.9 is a development branch. This means that not everything works at all times and sometimes it will break. Testing helps and I know many of you like to live on the bleeding edge or need something that is in Master. Just want to mention that Master can change without any notice so use caution when pulling.

If a user uses the master branch they also need to pay attention to commit activity (git.linuxcnc.org/gitweb?p=linuxcnc.git;a=summary)

Please don't post questions to this thread.

Edit: Master is now 2.9.

JT
Last edit: 05 Jun 2019 23:46 by BigJohnT.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TurBoss, Sjdc1982

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Feb 2017 04:20 #88322 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Using the Master Branch
Been using it for quite some time on 4 machines used daily, 2 test computers and my laptop, have not noticed any hicups yet.

More
10 Apr 2017 18:25 #91135 by Sjdc1982
Replied by Sjdc1982 on topic Using the Master Branch
Using latest pre-releases myself, almost seems like daily to weekly updates lol.

The only issues I've come across are human error related with using the wrong call out or parameter in the HAL/INI. Wait there's one i notice every once and a while i do have to redo a modprobe partport_pc to get my second pci-E db25 card working. Other than that i now leave it on for hours, even feel secure enough i walked away many times and came back so far to no problems.

Note: Machine is dell precision 380 multi-boot with original wheezy still on it.

Time to create page: 0.227 seconds