Editing theta offset with genserkins?

More
03 May 2018 20:12 #110142 by Wireline
Hi

I thought I would make a new (much shorter) post on genserkins and DH parameters rather than add to the old one!

Is there a way to add theta (as opposed to just the alpha, d and a parameters) offsets in genserkins? I have tracked my problem down to needing a 90 degree offset at my first joint in order to make the home locations correct.

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 May 2018 12:23 #110430 by andypugh
Does setting the home position to 90 have the same effect?

More
09 May 2018 19:11 #110444 by Wireline
Hi Andy

In the end I went for a different home position as the kinematics seemed to cope much better with it. I am not sure of the mechanics of how genserkins treats the home position offsets. That said I did come across a different version of genserkins called DHKINS which allowed for inputting theta. I never got around to using it due to the above alternative plan.

More
12 May 2018 02:03 #110591 by thang
i guess you mention about rotating coordinate system,in this case i think you should write some new functions in genserkins.

More
18 Jun 2020 20:32 - 18 Jun 2020 20:33 #172037 by Tady
Hello

I also need J1 THETA offset. How did you implement the dhkins.c?
I downloaded the C and H files from here
alvarestech.com/temp/RoboAseaIRB6S2-Fiat...C/halitosis/dhkins.c
I used
halcompile --install dhkins.c

But what did you use in the ini file. I replaced the genserkins with dhkins but LinuxCNC does not load..
insmod for dhkins failed, returned -1

The genserkins is working perfectly in the simulation, but the pose of the robot is not practical. I would like the J1 to be upright (-90degrees). The home offset does not work

Thank you
Last edit: 18 Jun 2020 20:33 by Tady.

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds