Compensate the linearity of cartesian kinematic cnc

More
18 Oct 2019 17:48 #148210 by happylulux
Hi all,

I remember several years ago to have seen the calibration of a 5 axis cnc and discover that almost every mesured positioning error could be software compensated with help of error mapping. The first one is the ballscrew mapping (the step of the ballscrew isn't always constant all along) which seem to be already implemented on linuxcnc. The second compensated error I saw was the linearity of each axis, and I cannot find any documentation about this kind of compensation, is it already implemented?

The way it was mesured was like that: a target was attached to the spindle and a laser was aligned with a axis (for exemple X). The laser beam hit the target and a and sensor measure "where" the beam is on the target. The cnc move along the X axis and the beam should always be at the center of the target. If not, the sensor create a map to say at each X value, how much it as to be on the Y and Z axis to be aligned with the beam. The cnc gcode interpeter was a rexroth from bosch if I remember well. I think i can build a similar sensor with a standard laser and microscope webcam to get a linearity map but does linuxcnc can eat this file and compensate the linearity error?

Best regards,
Simon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Oct 2019 08:20 #148304 by pl7i92
the 2.9 version got all new kinetics to correct the mashine to the point you want
there are standard mashine setups for standard mashine builds that have a limitation of correction
but on GENkins you are open to the 9freedom degree movements of a 6DOF or whatever you build
with the Denavit-Hartenberg definition
genserkins.A−N
genserkins.ALPHA−N
genserkins.D−N

standard AC/Bc have there own kinetics with the related offsets load a
SIM.AXIS.VISMACH mashine and see the kinetics V 2.8+

linuxcnc.org/docs/html/man/man9/kins.9.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds