User Defined Program for Homing and Auto tool changer

More
07 Jan 2021 20:21 - 07 Jan 2021 20:22 #194409 by Todd Zuercher
I don't know any details about your spindle and machine configuration. My experience is limited to newer HSK-63F router ATCs. All of the ones I have worked with have a series of sensors (usually two) that are used by the control to detect when the draw bar is open or closed, and if the tool holder is properly clamped in. With a bit of logic the control can decide if there is no tool there, a tool there, but not properly clamped, or the toolholder is in and properly clamped.

Fortunately the HSK setup doesn't have the problem ISO changers often have with a holder sticking in the taper. (You should never leave an the tool holders in an ISO taper spindle when you shut it down, they shrink as they cool and can get stuck.) Mostly because when the draw bar is opened to release the tool, it also presses the holder down and out of the taper. (There are some other reasons an HSK is less likely to stick to.) If the holder should happen to stick and the draw-bar can't eject the holder. The draw-bar open sensor will not be triggered and the tool change times out and sets an alarm.

Does your ISO spindle have comparable sensors that you should be using to monitor the steps of your tool changes?

As to writing conditional G-code, see the o-code section of the Linuxcnc manual.
linuxcnc.org/docs/html/gcode/o-code.html#ocode:conditional
Last edit: 07 Jan 2021 20:22 by Todd Zuercher.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jan 2021 20:22 #194410 by andypugh
There is conditional G-code in your existing remap. Read the docs on the Onn IF and Onn ELSE commands.

Persistent tool-in-spindle is a separate thing, and I think already solved elsewhere in the forum.

You can have as many parallel ports as you want, but at some point it makes sense to move to something a bit more capable.

But. you can possibly wire all pockets in series so a single pin can indicate whether all tools are still in their slots, or if one (or more) is not.

More
14 Dec 2022 10:46 - 14 Dec 2022 10:52 #259442 by akg1904
Hi,
Newbie here, I have a custom program for homing and Tool Change in C/C++.
I want to replace the existing homing and Tool change to integrate my homing and tool change program with LinuxCNC .
I don't know how to approach this problem so need some help to figure it out.

Thanks and Regards
Abhishek
Last edit: 14 Dec 2022 10:52 by akg1904.

More
14 Dec 2022 13:39 #259462 by tommylight
@akg1904
Stop posting the same 2 questions all over the forum, it makes it very hard to keep up with what has already been answered.
You made about 10 or 15 posts, most with the same question.
Wait....

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds