trying to configure QTPlasma screen

More
18 May 2021 23:57 #209424 by acourtjester
I am just starting out and seem to be missing some tabs on the display I have installed Debian 10 and linuxcnc 2.9. QTPlasma. I am missing the tabs on the screen for configure, statistics, and extras.

Thanks Tom
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 May 2021 05:10 #209441 by phillc54
Not sure I understand, that is a pic of PlasmaC, This is QtPlasmaC:

Warning: Spoiler!
Attachments:

More
19 May 2021 13:22 #209505 by acourtjester
Hi Phil
Thanks for the reply it was shown in this tutorial video

And in the section called "Run Panel" in this guide.
linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/plasma/plasmac-user-guide.html
Have a lot of experience with other software on Plasma cnc tables, I have built 9 table and this is the 10th controller for a new table I am building. I have no local help so all comes from YouTube videos and 2 other Linux users. There is a great amount of info, but so much seems to outdated and confusing. I have QTPlasmaC loaded and close to be operational, but I am still lacking things.
It seems there is addon software for the THC and Ohmic sensor but I cannot find the info. I assume will be included in the INI file.
As you can see I need help.

More
19 May 2021 13:43 #209509 by bevins
Thats the PlasmaC. I would suggest updating to QTPlasmaC.
It's amazing software and they did a really good job on it.

Upgrade docs here:

More
19 May 2021 14:26 #209514 by acourtjester
From what I see it looks like I have, using the info on what to load
Attachments:

More
19 May 2021 14:30 #209515 by acourtjester
If I do the routine you have suggested does the computer need to online for additional software info?????

More
19 May 2021 15:53 - 19 May 2021 18:32 #209524 by AgentWD40
PlasmaC has been superseded by QTPlasmaC.

The original PlasmaC was a plasma (c)omponent that handled plasma specific operations behind the scenes. This component was loaded into your choice of a GUI frontend.

The new QTPlasmaC combines the old plasma behind the scenes component with a new GUI designed specifically for running plasma tables. It looks like what Phill posted in post #2.

The screens you've shown in your posts are of the Axis GUI, not the new QTPlasmaC GUI.

QTPlasmaC is available in linuxcnc 2.9 which you've mentioned you already installed. if you run PNCconf when get to the Screen section of the wizard you can select QTPlasmaC from the combobox in the top left of the window.

Be sure to give the user guide that bevin's linked a read. linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/plasma/qtplasmac.html
Last edit: 19 May 2021 18:32 by AgentWD40.

More
19 May 2021 18:24 #209534 by acourtjester
Well AgentWD40 I guess I just needed to talk the right guy. I will need to run pncconf completely through later to see the new stuff
Thanks a bunch.

More
20 May 2021 00:27 #209587 by acourtjester
Thanks again, it seems to help me get down the road more, I can poke around and find how things work, many new things to learn. I can work with the docs you attached, but still may call for help.
have fun
Tom:woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds