M19 and spindle-index-enable issues

More
06 Oct 2023 20:09 #282461 by Alexandrion
Thank you Andy for the new orient component! Now I can orient the spindle in one turn and with higher accuracy.

In my case I think I had an issue with the high values of the encoder count on my mesa 7i77, the longer the spindle ran the longer the orient took because instead of 1 rotation orient, my spindle did 6-7 rotations ccw and then another 6-7 cw before the orient was completed, even if I ran in orient mode 1.  I even tried to use M5 and a dwell before orienting but no success.

The only issue I had with the new component was G33.1 not synching properly and wanting to go at maximum speed into the workpiece, quite a sphincter tightening experience, but it seems that this issue was resolved by deleting the index_enable = 0 from case 0.

Regards,
Alex

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Oct 2023 23:02 #282477 by COFHAL
Try this

More
07 Oct 2023 01:45 #282484 by COFHAL
Is that version of the ORIENT component with homing already included in the official versions of LCN? Or is it necessary to compile it to use it with the official versions?

More
07 Oct 2023 07:04 #282491 by Aciera
No, it has not been included. Would be great if you could test Andy's version and report back if that works for you. I had to modify it as posted to get it working.

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds