does mb2hal need to be updated? - linuxcnc 2.7.14

More
15 Dec 2021 03:06 #229091 by Adam Maszynotwór
I have a simple question - does mb2hal need to be updated? if so how?
linuxcnc.org/docs/html/drivers/mb2hal.html know that the latest changes were quite recently and I have linuxcnc 2.7.14
I will just be learning and I would not like to run into unknown troubles because of the wrong version which, for example, does not know new commands or something ..
Ps.
By the way, ModBus - I have a different question related to CL (I will ask here), is it possible to see, for example, in the terminal of the modbus frame?
My inverter, for unknown reasons, sometimes generates a modbus error .. it bothers because the window pops up and hangs, for example, the probe cycle when it is just measured.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Dec 2021 16:44 #229144 by Todd Zuercher
I have been using Mb2hal on a machine since before 2.7 was released, and that machine is still running 2.7. I don't know of any essential updates that would need to be applied that wouldn't be automatically applied with a system update.

I don't think my config pops up any error boxes for Modbus com errors. What exactly are the error messages you are getting?

More
16 Dec 2021 00:33 #229173 by Adam Maszynotwór
It really calmed me down a bit.
e.g. seen on github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/tree/master...al/user_comps/mb2hal
mb2hal_hal.c
mb2hal: Fixed error message HAL: ERROR: pin_new (...) called with alre…
25 days ago
(unfortunately, I do not know the principle of operation, how it updates itself and is it someone who has corrected something or something has been duplicated, so I ask - my poor English does not help me, unfortunately)

when it comes to errors, the error is not related to mb2hal (because I do not use it yet) and from Classic ladder, e.g. at 42:26
(question if I can find out what caused the error - burn communication frames) - it appears unexpectedly more often or less frequently during work and inactivity .. slowing down communication and extending the time between frames does not help

More
17 Dec 2021 17:36 #229313 by Todd Zuercher
The laguage barrier is going to be a problem so please bear with me.

So is Classicladder establishing a connection to your drive, and controlling it, but you are just getting that vague modbus com error message?

Have you tried starting Linuxcnc from the command line in a terminal window instead of clicking icons in the gui? Starting Linuxcnc this way prints error messages to the terminal window. And you will often get more detaild info about exactly what might be causing the error.

I was having a lot of trouble with modbus communication error messages on my machine. It turned out to be a configuration issue in my drive. My problem was that I had set a speed range of 60-300hz for the drive but when Linuxcnc stopped the spindle it wrote a zero hz speed to the drive, the drive would not accept zero as a valid speed and would set the modbus communication error alarm. The solution was I ended up having to remove the minimum speed limit programmed in the drive and had to program the minimum speed restriction into Linuxcnc instead.

Most likely some command Classicladder is trying to send to the drive is being rejected by the drive for some reason.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adam Maszynotwór

More
17 Dec 2021 18:02 #229324 by Adam Maszynotwór
Google translator did it - I understand :)

i have not tried from the terminal - thanks i will try.

In general, VFD after modbus and spindle motor - works and responds to commands (as you can see in my video). an error frame pops up as in the movie, usually the machine continues to run ... the movement is interrupted, for example, when measuring with a probe (work around the problem is to wait for the error but do not close the window, then the next error cannot pop up and suspend work during the measurement)

I wish my problem was as Simple as yours - but it worries me that the error shows up intermittently and even when the VFD is idle. For example, I run LinuxCNC bases the axes and after 1 minute an error pops up when it deletes it, it can pop up literally in a few seconds or after 5 minutes even though I do not do any work. the error also pops up during milling, but the program, fortunately, does not stop

More
17 Dec 2021 18:28 #229326 by Todd Zuercher
I never ran my machine using Classicladder's modbus. I only tested with it some when I was first setting it up. (It would not fully work for my application.) I am running my machine using Mb2hal. I ran my machine for almost 5 years before I was able to figure out the source of my com errors. I was under the impression it was electrical interference but nothing I tried would fix it. With Mb2hal, the com errors did not pop up any error windows, and they only showed up in the terminal window and didn't affect machine operation, other than possibly slowing down the communication with the drives.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adam Maszynotwór

More
21 Dec 2021 10:19 #229617 by Adam Maszynotwór

In fact, you were right the terminal shows what the errors are. however, this entry tells me nothing.
ERROR CLASSICLADDER- MODBUS CRC error: calc = frame =
MODBUS-LOW LEVEL ERROR IN RESPONSE
maybe I should make a new thread directly about bugs of this type?
I will add that I checked 3 USB-RS485 and RS232-to 485 converters, I added terminators and then the same
the inverter is idle during a fault
Attachments:

More
21 Dec 2021 13:36 #229621 by Todd Zuercher
I would double check your modbus configuration settings in your drive and make sure that they all match the settings you have configured in Classicladder. Some Ideas of things to check from googling CRC errors in RS485.

CRC errors:

Check baud rate and character format.

Check wiring – if everything else is correct, CRC errors mean noise on the line.

Check for reversed polarity on RS485 lines. Reversed polarity often looks like just noise.

Check to see that Pre-Delay is at least 50 mS.

More
21 Dec 2021 18:36 #229642 by Adam Maszynotwór
The inverter is N700E - Hyundai Electric
here the manual www.manualslib.com/manual/801675/Hyundai-N700e.html?page=108
I have 2 identical and both have the same problem
I was guessing there might be interference, but even on a short line (300mm) the same thing happens.
I was adding a 120ohm terminator
I checked such converters
www.gotronik.pl/konwerter-usb-rs485-p-1562.html
www.gotronik.pl/yn-485i-konwerter-z-usb-...izolacja-p-2894.html
sklep.delta.poznan.pl/konwerter-rs-485rs232_l1_p3259.html
I changed cables and plugs
I changed times - long times only extend communication / reactions but they will still be

I did other tests with the relay board and the arduino .. they did not report any errors.

I would prefer to completely disable this bug reporting - despite the bugs it works great so I don't want to know about these minor bugs
I wanted to use MB2HAL hoping it might do the trick, but I have to learn it

Attachments:

More
21 Dec 2021 19:04 #229644 by Todd Zuercher
This is sounding a lot like the problem I was having. It could be something as simple as Classicladder it trying to write something to a register that the drive simply doesn't like or even trying to read something that isn't readable. For me it was writing zero speed to the drive. It was very frustrating because I had no idea what the problem was and nothing directly said, but everything still worked normally, I would just get a pile of errors when the drives were stopped.

Time to create page: 0.694 seconds