ClassicLadder variable sava

More
13 Jan 2022 19:51 #231702 by MichalHK
Hi all,

I have machine with random tool changer so in CL I have variable %W0 that holds actual pocket number.
Then I power off machine I need to save this variable. Please how to do that? I think it is no so easy.
Im thinking about create hal variable signal and save it and at start restore to CL. But I dont know how.
Please kick me up. What is it best way. I read some topics about this but solution nowhere.

Thanks Michal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jan 2022 07:28 #231731 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic ClassicLadder variable sava
Currently there is no easy way to save CL variables.
You could make a python component to save and load a HAL pin, that could be read by CL.

The fact that linuxcnc doesn't already save this info is puzzling.

More
18 Jan 2022 15:55 #232295 by MichalHK
Ok I understand I will doing it myself, no problem. I know that linuxcnc is mixture of some programs and save variables is not easy task.
BUT NOW I have different problem with look head function and pocket prepare (tool prepare)

Simple machine waits until pocket is prepared insteed of milling.
I have random tool changer. Pocket prepare Im going in Classic ladder.
In classic ladder I check iocontrol.0.tool-prepare and after I prepared pocket I set iocontrol.0.tool-prepared

Im thinking this is correct behaviour. But machine waits until pocket is prepared insteed of milling.
Whats Im doing wrong?

Gcode looks like

T1
M6
T2

some milling

T2
M6
T3

some milling

T3
M6
T4
M30

More
20 Jan 2022 20:28 #232551 by MichalHK
Ok my solution. Bypass the iocontrol signal and I do some own signal that holds me synchronization between carousel and tool change macro.

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds