spindle-at-speed with multiple spindles?

More
05 Dec 2022 05:59 #258560 by dm17ry
i've been trying to get the traub tnc 65 lathe running with linuxcnc. the machine has 3 spindles: main, counter-spindle and live tooling. so i've defined spindles.0,1,2.. and it looks like that the linuxcnc waits for all of them to come to speed even if the program only starts 0th spindle with M3Sxxx$0 . is this the expected behaviour? of course, i can make them to output spindle-at-speed=true when stopped, but is this the right thing?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Dec 2022 09:24 #258571 by andypugh
That might be expected. I think that is how it works with a single spindle, too. spindle-at-speed should be "true" if the spindle speed command = 0 and the spindle is stopped.
Sorry to be vague on what _should_ happen, despite the fact that I wrote that bit of the code. But there are a few perfectly logical ways to do it, and I just coded the simple one.

github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/2.8/src/emc/tp/tp.c#L2693
The following user(s) said Thank You: dm17ry

More
05 Dec 2022 11:06 #258577 by dm17ry
yep, i got it. i can't imagine any problem caused by a stopped spindle rerporting being at speed. i just used "at speed" output of the spindle amplifiers and they are low until enabled. but thats easy to fix with a bit of glue logic... thanks!

Time to create page: 0.420 seconds