7i76E hm2 driver

More
27 Apr 2023 09:27 #270048 by 5G-antry
Replied by 5G-antry on topic 7i76E hm2 driver
I thought I did it, but it seems I had not. :laugh:
I Changed this number and it works now. Thank you!!
However, I changed different other things.

I will give an update if it also works when just this line is adapted.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jun 2023 17:57 - 12 Jun 2023 21:38 #273099 by 5G-antry
Replied by 5G-antry on topic 7i76E hm2 driver
Sorry for the late reply, but better late than never.

Everything works as expected :)
Last edit: 12 Jun 2023 21:38 by 5G-antry.

More
12 Jun 2023 08:42 #273376 by ChrisD
Replied by ChrisD on topic 7i76E hm2 driver
I am a colleague of 5G-antry, and would like to follow up on this matter.

We have now, as indicated above, everything running with a network emulator, which also emulates a 1Gbit/s PHY.

We transitioned from this network emulator to a special wireless connection that has similar characteristics over-the-air as the network emulator. Yet, there is one noticeable difference: there is an additional microcontroller involved that transfers data from ETH to the wireless device. Unfortunately, this device only has a very limited number of ETH buffers - fewer than a 100MBit/s ETH would normally require.

When we boot the system, it starts to initialize itself and everything runs (almost) as expected up to a certain point (in the GUI it is indicated as the third boot phase with something like "fvs_spin"), where >20 packets are generated within a couple of microseconds. This unfortunately overwhelms the microcontroller, leading to packet loss, leading to an abort.
Is there a way to slow down this packet generation a bit to not cause a buffer depletion at this microcontroller?

We traced both scenarios. Find attached two wireshark packet dump screenshots one of the critical section: one for the smooth bootup when using only ETH, and one with the hickup when inserting the device with the slightly limited mikrocontroller.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds