How to configure a tool setter, 3D probe and touch plate

More
19 May 2023 18:14 #271683 by suspension
Hi
I have a touch plate, a tool setter which has an additional protection output and a chinese 3D sensor.
I wish to use tool setter for tool height measurement. The touch plate is used during PCB milling when the gcode program uses it to probe Z height variations of the copper board so that they can be compensated. The 3D touch probe is used to find edges and Zheights when milling aluminium.

My plan is use an OR gate to combine active high outputs of all three sensors and assign it to motion.probe-input. This way, any routine that monitors motion.probe-input during various types of probing in any direction will get the signal as anticipated (since only one probe sensor would be used at a time).

Also, I will OR the tool setter's additional protection output (active high) with Z axis's limit switch (Active high). This way, during tool height measurement, if Z travels too low, the protections output of the tool setter will be activated and will cause a limit error which will cause the Z motor to stop.

Does this make sense?

thanks
Sus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 May 2023 19:55 #271689 by rodw
 I would not tamper with the limit switch like that. There are better ways like using motion enable or motion pause pins
If  the probe is triggered when not actually probing all motion stops and an error raised so you probably don't need to do anything anyway.

More
20 May 2023 09:55 #271724 by andypugh
Actually, I disagree :-) I think it makes perfect sense to wire the touch-plate overtravel contacts to the Z limit HAL pins, and that is exactly how I would wire it.

Time to create page: 0.211 seconds