Experiences with 2speed inductive motor spindle PID regulation

More
16 Jan 2024 19:24 #290898 by foxington
Hello gentelmen,

I am facing challange of PID tunning of lathe with two speed gearbox(0-550) and (0-3100) rpms.. there it should be two chucks 160 and 350 mm... I think there should four different PID because of different masses in the gearbox + chucks.

Should it be relevant to create custom component which will be scanned before the all stuff include pids... which will change pids and ffxs before itstart rotate? I will tune their 4 cases separately and I should call each pid constants by the configuration.

I want to implement M19 orient function and it should be pain without it or?

Have somebody facing similar situation yet?

Thanks for ideas,

regards Slav

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jan 2024 19:35 #290900 by PCW
1 PID with selectable tuning values (using a mux component)
would be simpler.

More
16 Jan 2024 20:54 #290906 by foxington
Yes I think single spindle PID in the servo thread and 4 different setup variables by each masses.. controlled by some logic based on actual configuration... It should be selected by some gui screen with some buttons by mux or any other guy...

Am I thinking in the right way there should be each PID setup for each hardware configuration?

It has to be loaded before calculations ..

After this orient component should work every time.. and I will not have to searching chuck key hole for every time it stopped

Do you have any experiences with similar situation please?

More
16 Jan 2024 21:24 #290910 by PCW
I don't have any direct experience with VFDs and orient
but you might search the forum for "spindle orient"
The following user(s) said Thank You: foxington

More
17 Jan 2024 00:34 #290915 by spumco
You will likely need a separate orient.pid that gets enabled during the orient move.

My suggestion is to tune it with the highest-inertia chuck you anticipate and then try the same values with the lightest.  Don't forget to include the largest bar stock you intend to turn.

You may find that you need multiple orient.pid's depending on the mass of the chuck+stock.  In that case having a second mux component for orient.1.pid, orient.2.pid (etc) may be helpful.

I don't have any direct experience with orient on lathes, but my mill gave me fits for a while until I tuned orient.pid for the heaviest tool I plan to use.
The following user(s) said Thank You: foxington

More
17 Jan 2024 07:30 #290929 by foxington
do you have any working configuration for sharing .hal please? just for imagination of that..

I will have to create a little bit sophisticated configuration for them...

thanks

Time to create page: 0.278 seconds