setting feed-override with step-switch

More
19 Jan 2011 20:58 #6777 by nursum
Hello, i have following problem: For my feed-override I use my original (Siemens) 16 step feed-override step-switch. I have programmed my own component to handel my digital inputs to get a value between 0 and 120 procent (0 to 1.2). I tell EMC with the "halui.feed-override.count" pin (value 0 to 1.2) which value I want. When EMC2 start the feed-override value is always set to 1 (100 procent) and the count funtion dont accept the real velocity (for example the actual value is 60 procent), so I have to put my switch up to 120 procent and then reduce it to 0. After that procedure everything works well, my feed-override is exactly the value I want. Is there a possibility to have the exakt value at the EMC2 start for the feed-override?
Thanks for answers! Ingo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jan 2011 00:52 #6779 by BigJohnT
You might want to pastebin.ca your comp so we can look at it. I assume it is a binary gray code switch? I have a similar one on my Hardinge.

John

More
20 Jan 2011 08:31 #6781 by nursum
Hi John, yes it is a binary switch and I have made a comp that give me the right values. For example the steps 0,1,3,7,10,20,....90,100,110,120 procent output. But when EMC starts, the output is always set to 100 procent. I can't tell EMC to start with my value. For example the switch is at 60 percent and give the "halui.feed-override.counts" pin the value of 0.6 but when EMC starts the output value is set to 1 which is 100 procent . The first value is not taken by EMC, but when I reduce the switch to 0 EMC shows 40 procent feed override. Then I increase my speed override to 120 procent, which is taken by EMC. When I now reduce to 0, EMC makes all well, it shows 0 procent. It depends on the count funktionality of the halui.feed-override.counts pin. My question is: Is there a possibility to tell EMC directly the feed-override?

Ingo

More
20 Jan 2011 21:57 #6783 by BigJohnT
I believe halui.feedoverride-counts is for using an encoder to change the FO. So yes it will be confused until you count down to 0 and start from there. A workaround is to make sure you FO knob is on 100% when you start EMC, sucks but it will work. I did a comp a while back to use BCD from a rotary switch but can't find it atm.

John

More
21 Jan 2011 01:37 - 21 Jan 2011 01:44 #6785 by cmorley
nursum wrote:

My question is: Is there a possibility to tell EMC directly the feed-override?

Ingo

Not yet - in EMC 2.5 (or master now) you will be able to set the feed override directly with HALUI
by setting a flag halui.feed-override.direct-value then setting counts to the value wanted (subject to scaling)
I see the manual and the man pages don't mention it yet.

Chris M
Last edit: 21 Jan 2011 01:44 by cmorley.

More
21 Jan 2011 10:25 #6788 by nursum
Thanks for your answeres,
I fix it in the following way for all others which want to do the same: In a selfmade .comp file I wait two seconds until emc is ready then I switch automatically for 0.2 seconds to 120 procent then for 0.2 seconds to 0 procent and after that i give the real step of the step switch EMC! That works perfekt and the machine user can't made mistakes....

Ingo

More
21 Jan 2011 12:34 #6794 by BigJohnT
cmorley wrote:

I see the manual and the man pages don't mention it yet.

Chris M

Dang manual guy should be flogged... and I can't remember exactly how this pin works either.

John

More
22 Jan 2011 05:55 #6802 by cmorley
gee i had to look it up too. just to make sure i was right.
if one sets halui-feed-override.direct-value true
then halui-feedoverride.counts ( after being scaled by halui.feed-override.scale ) sets the feed over-ride directly .

meaning if scale is .01 and count was 100 the feed over-ride would be 100 percent.
scale = .01, count = 50 , feed over-ride = 50 percent.

I'll also mention to the doc guy that in master g10 L2 and L20 now allow P0 which means 'The currently active coordinate system'
No rest for the wicked ! :)

More
24 Jan 2011 14:16 #6825 by andypugh
nursum wrote:

I fix it in the following way for all others which want to do the same: In a selfmade .comp file I wait two seconds until emc is ready then I switch automatically for 0.2 seconds to 120 procent

I was going to suggest something similar, though my idea was to watch an Axis status pin rather than wait a fixed period of time.

I have a feeling that you could initially leave the over-ride pin disconnnected in HAL, and setp the halui pin to 120%, then finally connect up your comp output pin in the postgui.hal file, by which point axis is probably "watching"

Time to create page: 0.216 seconds