Spindle Synchornization using 7I80 board

More
17 Feb 2016 23:59 #70322 by auto-mation-assist
I have added spindle a and b sensors and index to my ACRA milling machine as per the method Pico-Systems has posted. I have attached a picture of how I did mine for reference. I have tried to use example HAL files written for parallel port access with some conversion to network access and the 7I80 board but with little success. These files all used the pwm instead of value to route to the 7I80 board so I have been using value. My knowledge of Linuxcnc is to limited right to be a real effective programmer. Have been able to generate 0-10vdc to route to the vfd but no synchronization of rotation speed or index.

The a and b sensors work off the 81 tooth gear while the index sensor uses a single small slot on top of the gear and thus generates one pulse per rev. The 81 tooth gear should put out 324 pulses per rev. All the signals coming from the sensors look fine on a oscilloscope. I have set the 7I80 output-type 1. Does anyone have a sample of a working configuration that uses a 7I80 or similar network accessed board that they could share? I will continue to work on this and change my configuration so my HAL file will be changing a lot while working on this. My goal is to use the PID function to help control spindle speed.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Feb 2016 03:04 #70360 by auto-mation-assist
I think I'm getting closer to getting this to work. Pulses are being counted as seen in hall show and the 0-10vdc output value changes with the slider in gmocappy. I have a minor problem with the index enable function which is not being enabled. When I get this enabled then I will need figure out how to do the scaling to get spindle motion synchronized as best as possible with the large rotating mass of the spindle drive system. It will be nice to see the 0-10vdc output to the VFD change automatically by the synchronize function but right now it is just a steady output to the value that I set the spindle speed slider to.

More
21 Feb 2016 11:58 #70427 by cncbasher
please attach your full config folder as an archive attachment to this thread

More
22 Feb 2016 01:39 #70462 by auto-mation-assist
Here is my complete configuration up to this point. In the attached file my configure folder is CNC1. I have a lot of work to do on this yet but right now I'm mostly concerned with the spindle section. I have inserted some notes on my measurements with test equipment and visual observation at the top of the spindle section in the cnc1.hal file. I wish to get spindle position and speed control working.

I'm not to familiar with creating .gz files so i hope that the file is ok.
Attachments:

More
22 Feb 2016 07:36 - 22 Feb 2016 07:37 #70471 by auto-mation-assist
I have spent some time looking at my hal file and drawing a block diagram for the spindle control functions from the connections and I see that there are items in it that end up going nowhere. What I have in the hal file now for spindle speed control came from a file found on the internet but appears to have missing items and thus likely not suitable as is for spindle position synchronization.

In looking at the pin values coming from the encoder 05. Hal watch shows that these jump around in value a lot which surprises me. The HP counter I have been using to look at the encoder inputs for the index pulse and a & b signals from the three hal sensors mounted near the spindle 81 tooth gear show that they are nice and steady. Usually just jumping around at a 1 hundredth of a rps or less. I changed the the scaling of scale.0.gain in my file to 1.1574 to generate 5vdc output at a motor speed of 1375 rpm.

There are things in the hal file that I put and commented out it just for memory joggers to do research on those type of items later.
Last edit: 22 Feb 2016 07:37 by auto-mation-assist.

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds