Retrofitting a 1986 Maho MH400E

More
21 Oct 2021 08:10 #223793 by gabionose
For the analog command  i will try to read  all three analog outputs  and  digital outputs for the cluctches f rom mesa card via an arduino board  ( igot several plcs capable of doing this)and make a selection for each axis and pass it to drive , lets say that axis X clutches is triggered , it will move the analogic Mesa output for X axis  to drive  etc , i will try to interlock them in that board , first arrived first to go , but always be carefull linux cnc  not to move two axes at the same time. 
quite a challenge

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Oct 2021 08:21 #223794 by rodw
I'm not much help here but there should not be any need to use an arduino as you should be able to write a linuxcnc component in C to achieve what you want to do on the Arduino in C..... 0-10V analog servos are supported with the right Mesa card so its much better integrated.

This component may be able to set motion.feed-hold until such times as the clutches have engaged to disable motion. If there are feedback signals on the Maho, I would connect them to this component which would wait for the acknowledgement before turning off motion.feed-hold.

Just some ideas to consider.

More
21 Oct 2021 08:36 #223797 by anfänger
As long as you can link the tree outputs to one in HAL you don‘t need an Adruino.

I also think that the brake pin will solve a lot of your problems. Hence it‘s designed for rotary / Indexers.

Another easy option would be to use the tree analog outputs of the mesa and with the clutch engagement you use a relay to connect the analog signal to the input of the servo / Motor drive.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RotarySMP

More
30 Oct 2021 06:43 #224704 by RotarySMP
A lot of people ask about those single motor Maho's. If you do persue this retrofit, I would suggest starting a thread for it, so people can find your solution. Having it buried on page 158 of a somewhat unrelated trhead wont help people trying to follow in your footsteps.
Mark
The following user(s) said Thank You: anfänger

More
02 Nov 2021 23:56 #225054 by andypugh

- When a new line of motion is parsed, LinuxCNC will expect the motion to begin immediately. The fact that it has to implement clutch changing and receive feedback that this has completed before it can start outputing the motion may be pretty difficult to implement.

This already exists, look for "LOCKING_INDEXER" here:
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/config/ini-co...lt_letter_gt_section

However it only works for G0 and only for rotary axes. 
github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/6c60c0...erp_convert.cc#L3675
is one place where this is enforced. 

You can set up the system to create the brake-release / brake-released pins for linear axes, but they don't get driven. 

I came up with a scheme of using a 0.0000000001% feed override during the change (all done in HAL) and that looked workable. It can't be zero%, as you need to be able to work out which axis is trying to move. 

I am fairly sure that I got as far as writing the HAL component for that, but I can't find it. 

The following user(s) said Thank You: RotarySMP

More
22 Dec 2021 23:11 #229775 by Bordaco
Hello, can ypu share the manuals, I looking for the spindle driver TRK-6 manual, for the conections
Thanks

More
23 Dec 2021 06:15 #229792 by RotarySMP
My Maho is the E, not the E2, so it doesn't have spindle motor speed control. It  has a simple single speed 3 phase motor, and controls spindle speed through an 18 sped mechanical gearbox. I dont have any info on the TRK-6 sorry.

More
25 Dec 2021 21:08 - 25 Dec 2021 21:18 #229988 by DoWerna
my maho has an Indramat TRK6.
I should have the manual

but I would have to scan it.
but I have already scanned wiring diagram of my MH500.

If it is only about the connection of the TRK6 this should also be apparent from it
link to the scan
we.tl/t-LEfNLB41V1

Last edit: 25 Dec 2021 21:18 by DoWerna.

More
26 Dec 2021 17:57 #230025 by Henk

More
26 Jan 2022 17:53 - 26 Jan 2022 19:55 #233201 by RotarySMP
I haven't used the Maho for a couple of months (shame on me). Cranked it up, homed it normally, and loaded the toolpath, at which point I got some flakey Linux graphical behaviour. I hard rebooted, then normal rebooted  multiple times, but always get the attached error..

I dont really understand the error. Looks like Gmoccapy cant find its mojo. Any assistance appreciated.
Mark

File Attachment:

File Name: Error.txt
File Size:0 KB

Edit: I wonder if some file got corrupted when I did thehard reboot, after the first flakyness? Any Idea which files I should restore?
Attachments:
Last edit: 26 Jan 2022 19:55 by RotarySMP.

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.310 seconds