Mesa 7i76 E + Sunfar E550 VFD Connection

More
10 Sep 2019 19:34 #144735 by jonasdarley
Hey everyone,

I am relatively new to Linux CNC and this is my first post here.
Unfortunately I am stuck with setting up the spindle control. I read all the other forum posts which deal with this topic but I could not find a solution yet.
I have a Mesa 7i76e and Sunfar E550 VFD which drives 2.2 KW Chinese spindle. The analog speed control over 0-10V works fine but I can´t get the spindle enable / forward to work.
In order to turn on the spindle I have to connect X1 (which I programmed with spindle forward in the VFD settings) to CM. In case I do this manually, this works fine, but I don´t know how I have to wire it to the Mesa TB4. I tried wiring 24V to to Pin 8 and X1 to Pin 7, but when I turn on the spindle in Linux CNC nothing happens and I also can´t measure any voltage between pin 7 and 8. I also tried wiring CM to pin 8 and X1 to pin 7, but this turns on the spindle immediately and I can not control it over Linux CNC. I am also not sure if and how to connect ena + and ena - because I don´t know how to assign this function to X1 - X4 (it´s not listed in the manual I think). Maybe it´s a problem in the HAL file? I attached the INI and HAL file and some screenshots of the manual. Please let me kow if any information is missing. It would be really great if anyone could help me out, since I really don´t know how to solve this.

VFD Programming:
F0.02 = 1111
F1.08 = 11

Wiring:
Pin 1 => GND
Pin 2 => AI
Pin 3 => VS
Pin 4 => NC
Pin 5 => ?
Pin 6 => 24 V ?
Pin 7 => X1 ?
Pin 8 => 24 V ?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best regards,
Jonas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Sep 2019 20:11 - 10 Sep 2019 20:12 #144738 by PCW
I would verify that you can control the VFD enable and direction with
mechanical switches before wiring to the 7I76E. The 7I76E enable and direction
outputs are basically just switches so once you figure out the VFD control with
switches you can just transfer the connections
(paying attention to the enable and direction polarity)

Doing it this way makes it much less likely to miswire the
7I76E outputs and cause possible damage
Last edit: 10 Sep 2019 20:12 by PCW.

More
10 Sep 2019 20:41 #144741 by jonasdarley
This is basicly what I did. Connecting X1 to CM turnes on the spindle. But my question is how to wire and programm it?

More
10 Sep 2019 20:53 #144742 by PCW
If X1 measures positive relative to CM then:

X1 --> TB4 pin 6
CM --> TB4 pin 5
The following user(s) said Thank You: jonasdarley

More
14 Sep 2019 08:28 #145115 by jonasdarley
IT´S WORKING! Thank you so much! You really made my day :)

More
24 Dec 2020 10:50 #193087 by zieluch
Hi Guys,

I have similar setup of mesa 7i76e and Sipheonix e550 with 800hz 1.5kw motor.
My wiring
Wiring:
Pin 1 => GND
Pin 2 => AI
Pin 3 => VS

Pin 5 =>CM
Pin 6 => X1
Pin 7 => CM
Pin 8 => X2

I mange to use 0-10V to steer rpms for the motor but I think not everything is correct in my wiring concept
One of the mesa output setuped as spindle on and this is connected to relay which power the vfd. So when I select cw or ccw relay gets activated and power goes to vfd (I will attach noise filter in between once I figure out all the config etc. ).
When ~i configure in HAl file
net spindle-ccw => hm2_7i76e.0.7i76.0.0.spindir
when I select cw spindle is standing still and once I change rpms it is stars moving (which is correct i think ) but when I select ccw in the panel spidnel has some low rpms and spining without reacting to 0-10V change. In both cw and ccw selections spindle spins cw. I not planing to run it ccw as it is not recommended by manufacture but I would prefer when selecting ccw spindle not move at all. Any how I can change that ?

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds