KRV2000 CNC Conversion

More
10 Jan 2021 13:12 #194720 by ChrissyAG
Replied by ChrissyAG on topic KRV2000 CNC Conversion
Hi Benb,

I've tried hashing out the lines you suggested in the pdf attachment. I get exactly the same result as before. I also tried hashing out all halui lines but that also results in the same behaviour.

I have also tried to use the Marco Gaspar hal,ini and pendant hal files modifying it to try and make it work with my system, however it fails with

emc/task/emctask.cc Flie not open

and

emc/task/emctaskmain.cc Cant initialise interpreter

So, I am missing some files to try his configuration to see how or whether that works.

I am going to start a new thread in the HAL section shortly. Hopefully I can get a resolution.

Thanks for your continuing help - this is becoming a bit of a nightmare.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jan 2021 18:37 #194748 by Benb
Replied by Benb on topic KRV2000 CNC Conversion
It looks like you are missing a file, have a look at this link:
forum.linuxcnc.org/38-general-linuxcnc-q...g-a-whb04b-4-working

More
11 Jan 2021 23:41 #194988 by ChrissyAG
A huge thank you to everyone who helped me with the pendant issue, after a long series of advice from Alkabal, I have successfully got encoder counts working. I have still got to do other configuring with the pendant (toolsetter,homing,probe etc) but that can wait for another day because the ballscrerws are due to arrive, so I'm going to be busy machining them.

Many thanks to Benb for suggestions and keeping me going and for pointing me in the direction of the HAL section.

More updates to follow.

More
22 Feb 2021 06:52 #199680 by fozzy
Replied by fozzy on topic KRV2000 CNC Conversion
Hi Chrissy

Would you mind sharing your setup? Did you ha e to make any configuration changes on the A4 driver? I've got the same setup with the lichuan A4 servo drivers and mesa 7i76. However I have yet to see the servos turn.

More
22 Feb 2021 21:34 #199771 by ChrissyAG
Hi Fozzy,

I had to adjust some of the parameters to make it work. I just turned on the test setup to see the parameters - I set the control mode to position (PA_002 to 0) and command pulse input to pulse + direction (PA_042 to 3). I also set servo enable mode config to power on enabling (PA_08F to 1) which will hold the motor spindle on power up, and the number of pulses per revolution (PA_04A to 5000).

These settings were made to test the setup on the bench before installing on the machine, and so may change on the actual machine once I have the mechanical systems sorted.

The pulses from the 7i76E are 5V, so no pullups were installed. The connector CN3 is wired for differential Step/Dir - Pin 1 Pulse -, Pin 2 Pulse +, Pin 16 Dir -, Pin 17 Dir+ corresponding to a TB2/3 step/dir group (x,y,z,etc) on the 7i76E.

Hope this helps

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds