Anilam 3000m to Linuxcnc questions.

More
16 Dec 2021 00:49 #229174 by Kylizer
Ive been researching a lot and im going to set my anilam conversion up exactly like you said. Can I message you about some questions please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Dec 2021 01:44 #229175 by tommylight
@SteveCorr
Please do not change the subject title when replying, makes a mess for us mods and makes it impossible for users to find it.
Thank you.

More
16 Dec 2021 14:31 - 16 Dec 2021 14:35 #229191 by SteveCorr
@Kylizer I'm happy to give what help I can, but I definitely don't know it all yet
Last edit: 16 Dec 2021 14:35 by SteveCorr. Reason: Syntax?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kylizer

More
16 Dec 2021 14:42 #229192 by SteveCorr
Sorry tommylight ,
I apologize for muffing it up, I was unaware that I had done that and that it was a problem.

More
16 Dec 2021 15:06 #229195 by Kylizer
AWESOME! You may not know it all but you know more than me so thats something. I do my research normally and figure out a lot of stuff on my own but I feel like I could use a little pick me up on this.

More
16 Dec 2021 15:31 #229197 by tommylight

Sorry tommylight,
I apologize for muffing it up, I was unaware that I had done that and that it was a problem.

No worries, was there done that ! :)

More
17 Dec 2021 16:14 #229304 by Kylizer
When I go to the Mesa store to get the 5i25 and the 7i77 like you suggested it says they are not in stock. Im terribly new to all
this and dont know what the
replacement for this would be. Im sure they have updated versions of these but I dont know which ones to purchase. Could you possibly give me some guidance so I dont buy a setup that isnt going to work for me please

More
17 Dec 2021 16:58 - 17 Dec 2021 17:00 #229310 by tommylight
store.mesanet.com/
mesaus.com/
www.eusurplus.com/

Edit:
5i25/7i77 combo is the same as 7i97, the latter being a ethernet board.
There are some other options but i will leave that to someone with more experience.
Last edit: 17 Dec 2021 17:00 by tommylight. Reason: more info

More
18 Dec 2021 02:35 - 18 Dec 2021 02:49 #229371 by Kylizer
Correct me if Im wrong on this, so what I am going to be doing is getting this card and seeing what each connection spot is on the board and then figuring out my wiring on my anilam set up and plugging them in to the correct location? I actually wont have to figure much on the anilam side as I have all the wiring schematics and drawing that originally came with the machine.
Just so you know why Im diving into this, is because I work at a welding machining and fabrication shop. We also have a ShopSabre cnc plasma table that I setup from the beginning and run. Thats how I am a little familiar with somethings that are needed to accomplish what I am trying to do but I did not build the computer that runs the table. Soooooo right by the table we have a acer knee mill that has been retrofitted with this anilam 3000m setup. It worked and first but took a dive and from what I seen it needed to be upgraded to a pc controlled computer anyway. Now ideally if I could run the mill from the computer I currently run the plasma from that would be supper. Its not linux though. I use EnRoute, Aspire and Fusion 360 btw with a wincnc controller.
I have another computer setup with linux also. I tell you all this incase someone thinks I need to be pointed in a different direction than whats talked about in this forum
Attachments:
Last edit: 18 Dec 2021 02:49 by Kylizer.

More
18 Dec 2021 02:39 #229373 by tommylight
Start here, it has step by step instructions on wiring and testing the 7i77, or any similar:
forum.linuxcnc.org/10-advanced-configura...ning-detailed-how-to
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kylizer

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.385 seconds