Hurco KM3P servos

More
14 Mar 2021 23:53 #202281 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Hurco KM3P servos
Velocity servo drives use it for ... well velocity estimation and feedback.
Even some new drives can use it, but that is getting scarce as most use just encoder feedback for DC servos.
Do you plan on using the old drives ? I know i would try to use them, they do work nicely with LinuxCNC and i used them on many retrofits i did.
LinuxCNC can use the encoder feedback to close the position loop, so using tachos is not mandatory, but that will depend more on the type of drive used, if you plan on changing them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Mar 2021 00:42 - 15 Mar 2021 00:44 #202283 by BenDiesel
Replied by BenDiesel on topic Hurco KM3P servos
Well im parting the hurco out a d want to use as much of the components in other projects as possible. The plan for the servos is to build a cnc plasma table. Yes they are serious overkill, but no success like excess. Debating on doing a 2 to 1 speed increase because they are serious over power and only 1500rpm. Also plan tu use the z ball screw fornthe z on the plasma table.The 3hp spindle motors I'm turning into 2x72 belt grinder with vfd and the tables I'm going to build a large work bench with both on kne surface and a knee screw height adjustment. I'm debating on turning the electrical cabnets into a water table. Can you think of a y thing else I could repurpose? I havent come up.with Amy thing for the belt drive or the high low gear box.
I havent been able to find any info.on the servo drivers afar as input signal.required but they do have all the servo motor cables go back to them from.what I can tell. I have been trying to find a h bridge that can handle the voltage with little luck. The ones I have found use "rc" pwm and indont know if that's a fast enough system for real time and if Mesa can controll that. If it is all good then inwould use a Mesa encoder board for position.
Mesa also makes a 2chan 2kw h bridge with encoder feed back that allows 2 boards per 50pin headder. It's a bit expensive at 300 a pop but after looking at all the other options I think it would be the best.
What do you think?
Last edit: 15 Mar 2021 00:44 by BenDiesel.

More
15 Mar 2021 20:18 #202401 by Benb
Replied by Benb on topic Hurco KM3P servos
Have look at this wiki it might have answers to ur inquiry
wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Servomate

More
16 Mar 2021 04:18 #202444 by BenDiesel
Replied by BenDiesel on topic Hurco KM3P servos
Thank you for the link. I wonder if I can operate them.with out the limit switch hooked to them. Or how the get the fault info back to linux cnc. Also wonder if I could rebuild the controll.rack and combine the 2 sets I have into a 5 axis setup. 2 for y axis, 1 for x 1 cor z and a rotory.

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds