Fehlemann Picomax 100 Retrofit

More
21 Dec 2021 21:52 #229660 by anfänger
The good, the bad and the wonky.
With the right power supply all the little gismos went on…

File Attachment:

But all the button bits are permanently high

And there are only three digits on the segment displays not sure if I need to adjust the feedback algorithm.

File Attachment:

This needs a bit of investigation. But the key pad is not necessary to make progress. And in doubt I have enough inputs to bypass the bit encoder
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Dec 2021 20:02 #230271 by anfänger
So....

File Attachment:

the feedback is working since I adjusted from 4 to 3 digit segments :D
But the buttons are not working. All outputs are permanently high. It could be that  Button 17 ist stuck or defective. But I don't know If it's connected or wich button it might be. I have more buttons than in the schematics. I tried to switch on the backlight of Button 17, but this didn't work. So my plan to skip the key panel for now.
Later I will take it apart and use the buttons individually als make six groups for backlight, this way I don't need extra outputs.
The spindle load I will reroute to the analog ins of the 7ia0. Suitable resistors are ordered.

Next I ned to "hal up" the hand wheel and PID's for the drives (the rest is done). Then make dummy buttons for oil, main and spindle contactor for testing.  And then it's manually testing the end switches and relays before switching on the 400V power and see what happens. 
I think end of Jan I will see first movements if the drives are OK.

More
30 Dec 2021 20:53 #230362 by anfänger
In the spare part box I found an older defective panel, and removed the pcb and are left with four separately wired buttons, and ration and a four stage selector:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

This will do.
Most of the hal work is done. now its time to check the I/O's
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
02 Jan 2022 16:52 #230558 by anfänger
while testing I fried the old contactors it seam the documentation I found for them was wrong and they were 24v ac only.
While waiting for replacement I made some changes to my vcp.
I wrote the needed M Codes for column control.
I wrote a hal component for the secondary estop mechanisms like oil and breakers. And can override them if needed or wanted.

File Attachment:

I need to find a way to test the drives without running them full speed towards estop. With the servos I used before I you set them up without connecting them to the spindles. With glas scales this is not possible are there Andy good suggestions? 

More
31 Jan 2022 09:28 #233617 by anfänger
slow progress is still progress...
The new contactors arrived:

now I have three circuits switchable by contactors: spindle, drives and accessories.

While making this I realized a couple of the IO's were not wired according to the documentation. So there will be some checking to do.

Then I installed the reworked button panel:

Next setback ist that the glas scales are not working. I guess the color code I found for the Heidenhain's where not correct, So I need to do some checking there.

Still need to figure out how to get an encoder to the spindle.

To make it short I don't see the machine running soon, wich is quite a bummer.

More
31 Jan 2022 09:39 #233619 by RotarySMP
I had a similar problem with my HH encoders. The wiring diagram from Maho was incorrect there, and also the Exes  I bought used different pin outs than expected. As far as I can remember, I only encountered two different wiring colour options though.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: anfänger

More
31 Jan 2022 12:47 #233626 by anfänger
Wow many thanks I'll give it a try.

More
05 Feb 2022 19:40 #234043 by anfänger
Didn't tacke the encoders yet, but closes go the control panel:

File Attachment:

More
06 Feb 2022 12:50 #234099 by anfänger
I tried to tackle the encoders today and found something odd, even with the corrected color code i can't get a signal.
then I tires to mesure with a multimeter. and all the signal were high even with no wiring present. is this normal?
thanks Patrick

More
06 Feb 2022 16:25 #234122 by anfänger
Still no solution for the encoders, H hipe it's just s Iron jumper and no damage in the Mesa board.

But I added a mount for the hand wheel.

File Attachment:

and the panel is painted and wired up. After some testing in halshow I can edit the hal files now

File Attachment:
Ohne Titel by Patrick Laible , auf Flickr

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds