CZ-A servos, who knows?

More
14 Sep 2022 09:07 #251878 by lois
CZ-A servos, who knows? was created by lois
My old x,y bosch sm5/10-tc servos are now retired. I'm looking to replace them by this (1kw version) and, of course, continuing use 7i77: 

vallder.com/en/c/ac-servox/cz-a1023l-ams...025-detail#downloads

Does any one have tried this servos? My doubt is about analog control schematic (page 15 this manual):

vallder.com/images/product_details_image.../driver%20manual.pdf

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Sep 2022 11:48 #252393 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic CZ-A servos, who knows?
That looks like a standard analogue control scheme (and with the option of step-dir) So I don't think that there would be any problem controlling them from LinuxCNC. You state that you have a doubt, but not what that is?
The following user(s) said Thank You: lois

More
24 Sep 2022 16:07 #252667 by lois
Replied by lois on topic CZ-A servos, who knows?
Hi,
I was looking for some feedback from who used this cz-a servos. Looking in the web but poor information...

More
24 Sep 2022 19:03 #252677 by Masiwood123
Replied by Masiwood123 on topic CZ-A servos, who knows?
I think that these and similar ASSD drivers (my choice) can work with the factory settings only with their own encoder, if you disconnect it, an error will appear in driver state. In the case of the 7i77, which requires an encoder, you should probably have another encoder connected to the axis so that the 7i77 gives analog output.. seems quite confusing, with some step/dir card like 7i96s I think it would be much simpler.

More
24 Sep 2022 19:05 #252678 by Masiwood123
valder currently has no servo motors in stock. At least that's how it is in Serbia

More
25 Sep 2022 11:37 #252704 by arvidb
Replied by arvidb on topic CZ-A servos, who knows?

I think that these and similar ASSD drivers (my choice) can work with the factory settings only with their own encoder, if you disconnect it, an error will appear in driver state. In the case of the 7i77, which requires an encoder, you should probably have another encoder connected to the axis so that the 7i77 gives analog output.. seems quite confusing, with some step/dir card like 7i96s I think it would be much simpler.

You don't disconnect the encoder from the drive, you connect the drive's encoder out signals (on CN1) to the Mesa card. But yes, step/dir control can be simpler connection-wise (one less cable per drive) if you don't want/need feedback of actual position to LinuxCNC.

(You *can* also use a fully closed position loop where you have, say, a linear encoder on the machine that feedbacks position to LinuxCNC, while the drive controls velocity using the motor encoder. IMO in most cases it's probably both easier and better to use high precision, preloaded, linear components instead though.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Masiwood123

More
25 Sep 2022 11:48 - 25 Sep 2022 11:49 #252705 by Masiwood123
as I understood, does this mean that the motor's own encoder should be connected in both directions(from CN1), both to the driver and to the 7i77?
Last edit: 25 Sep 2022 11:49 by Masiwood123.

More
25 Sep 2022 11:51 #252707 by arvidb
Replied by arvidb on topic CZ-A servos, who knows?
No, the motor encoder connects to CN2. Look at page 13 of the manual linked in a previous post.

More
25 Sep 2022 12:00 #252711 by Masiwood123
yes ok , it confused me because my driver is different (cn3 is the encoder for the motor and cn 2 is the I/O port on the driver) thank you

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds