Leadshine Servo Drive DCS810

More
27 Dec 2022 19:54 #260426 by Wusel
hello everyone,
working on my new project, an ISEL milling machine. It uses DC Servo Motors. I couldn't get the old hardware talking to the software and since neither the manufacturer nor the parts exist any more and hence no support wahtssoever I decided to  go for a new control. I want to keep the DC servos with integrated encoder. As servo drives I selected the Leadshine DCS810. The seem to fit my requirements very well. However the come up with regular encoder errors. In order to have a closer look  at the parameters I want to use the ProTuner software as suggested in the manaul . However, there are so many Protuner versions but none of the seem to fit. I tried two of them, one doesnt' let me get any connection , the other one shows parameters which cannot be read from the drive sinc they are mostly way out of range (almos all are 512 regardless of the fact the the parameter range is eg only 0 to 100). Does anyone use these servo drives and can give me a hint where to find the right software?

thanks in advance

Rainer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jan 2023 12:54 #260925 by tommylight
Did you try contacting LeadShine ?
From what i read, they tend to reply.

More
04 Jan 2023 20:14 #260957 by Wusel
Replied by Wusel on topic Leadshine Servo Drive DCS810
I contacted them about 2 weeks ago, no answer yet. I was hoping for a more responsive company since Leadshine is a big and innovative player.
On that topic I had another really fierce encouter. One day I switsched off the machine, the next day On trying a Homing, all axis jumped right to the physical endstops, much faster that I could hit the Emergency button. It took me two days to find the fault: The encoder power supply has to come from a separate 5V sourve because the servo controler internal 5V does not provide enough current. This cable had come off and instead of flagging an error the motors just ran off, basicallo until the find the first encoder signal after which the control loop would start. Since the ebcoder signal never came the motors ran full speed until physically stopped. I this had happened with a kw servo motor it could have done some serious damage.

More
04 Jan 2023 20:56 #260962 by tommylight
That is one of the dangers of using servo systems, hence the use of "extreeme limits" is mandatory.
Bsicaly, those are separate limit switches at each ends of an axis/joint wired to a relay that cuts the drive power in case of runaway.

More
05 Jan 2023 08:30 #260985 by Wusel
Replied by Wusel on topic Leadshine Servo Drive DCS810
your'te quite right. That's why I first of all install the emergency stop when I build a new control. In this case however the movements were so fast that they tripped the limit switches alright but they had so much momentum that they then obviously could't be stopped. Cutting off power also means no breaking possible.

More
05 Jan 2023 10:09 #260989 by tommylight
Brakes should come on when the power is off.

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds