MT3 to ISO30 conversion on a chinese mill

More
03 Mar 2023 04:28 #265758 by rodw
I ordered some MT3 Tormach Tool holders (2 of these).
www.buyustools.com/cnc/m12-mt3-er20-coll...t-chuck-tool-holder/

I could not find any that shipped to .AU but I emailed these guys and they said they would fulfil from China for me and sent me an Invoice which I paid this morning via Paypal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Mar 2023 13:47 #265914 by janno
The link is bad, but the id from URL seems to point to ISO30 taper mill. As always with chinese people, later on in the list they state it as MT3 taper. Will contact and see whats the price. Thanks for the find and information. Also thank you for @spumco for detailed info. This is exactly what kind of information I need at this point. My pricing info for the mill was also from Alibaba.

As for the EU seller and getting tooling - they seems like Precision Matthews is in US - they don't do much of work other than choose specific Chinese sellers and taking 30% cut on the deal and reselling it as their product. Since we are not talking about pennies it will add up fast to thousands of euros/dollars.

More
05 Mar 2023 17:12 #265927 by andypugh

The link is bad, but the id from URL seems to point to ISO30 taper mill. As always with chinese people, later on in the list they state it as MT3 taper.

Maybe this link will work? www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Hot-sell-...title.68ceb77bJei8Ly

Anyway, yes, it says "ISO30" in three places, and MT3 in another couple. The photos definitely do not seem to be an ISO30 taper, there are no drive dogs. 

Demand a photo of the spindle of an ISO30 one, if they claim to offer that. 

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds