× Forum Header

My steppers will not run for one step (fixed)

More
31 Jul 2010 22:38 - 16 Apr 2011 07:21 #3538 by 2ktrouble
Hi,
I am Ingo from Germany, my English is not well trained, but have a problem with my stepper card and linux EMC2.
I buyed my stepper interface card AMW 102 by www.cnc-plus.de, because I will build a CNC-Mill for my hobby.
At first I tryied this card under WIN-PCNC and it works fine, but I will use my card under linux with EMC2.

I have downloaded the iso of the live-cd, burned it and installed it on my ASUS Terminator 2 barebone system. It runs with a Celeron.
The EMC2 version I work with is the 2.3.5,
The LPT-port, I learned have to work in normal mode, so I set it to this mode. My card runs under Windows with 20 mycro seconds for step,direction change and so on. So I set it to 20000 nS with lpt1 on 0x378 irq 7 as well in EMC2.
I tried all ways to get it run, but it will not work up to this time. Not for one step.
It seems the par-port gets no signals, so I searched about this and find that i should look on the hal-scope to see the signal on my par-port. They are signals shown, but the stepper didn't work.
I tried to start at 5000 nS in the timming at add for the next try 1000ns and so on, up to 200000 nS. I inverted the signals, but no sucsess.

The rtai starts without errors and EMC2 and Axis runs without problems, but no steps anywhere.

Now for me is the way at the end, what shall I do? Go back to Windows, thats can not be the solution! Up to now I spend in this project more than 4 weeks and I'll get it run.:angry: I searched as well in a German forums, but there are no answers.

Can someone help me, please?

Best regards from Germany

Ingo
Last edit: 16 Apr 2011 07:21 by 2ktrouble.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Aug 2010 08:09 #3539 by step4linux
2ktrouble wrote:

I searched as well in a German forums, but there are no answers.

hi Ingo,
did you try here: www.cncecke.de/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=178 ?

Gerd

More
01 Aug 2010 11:37 #3540 by BigJohnT
Start here:

www.linuxcnc.org/docview/html//common_Stepper_Diagnostics.html

If your hardware ran under Windoz it will run better under Linux B)

If I were to guess...wiring not correct or pinout not correct or pin direction wrong. I looked at the pdf but I don't speak any German... from the picture it looks like the connector to the drive has plugs on both ends for the drive and the parallel port so I doubt that the wiring is wrong now.

Did you use the StepConf Wizard to generate your configuration files?

John

More
16 Apr 2011 07:20 #8981 by 2ktrouble
Hi,
my mill is up andrunning now, the Hardware from CNC-Step and my PC works only together with an Optokoppler board.
Thank you for your help.

Regards Ingo

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds