× Forum Header

Help to configure stepconf

More
10 Apr 2020 08:44 #163458 by flexbex
Hi I have the following setup
Mach 3 parallel port BOB
And hbs57 motor driver
57hse 1.2N motor

So in the moment only one motor to try out one axis. I played around a bit with configuration in stepconf. But most of the time I get alarm from Motordriver about missed step. So maybe someone could help me make the configuration correctly in step conf.
My parallel port is configured
On board - in stepconf
P2: pul- xstep
P3: dir-. Xdir
P14: ena-. Amplifier enable
Pull+, dir+ and Ena+ I put on 5v
So what would you recommend for
Step time
Step space
Direction hold
Direction setup
Motor steps per revolution
Driver microsteping

And on the driver side
Which value for microsteping

Thanks a million
Felix

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Apr 2020 08:47 #163459 by flexbex
Replied by flexbex on topic Help to configure stepconf
Also what would be good values for max velocity and acceleration.

I just want to make sure to have values that are correct. So I can cancel one error source

More
17 Apr 2020 15:05 #164276 by Todd Zuercher
If the drive is detecting and reporting an error of a missed step(s), that sounds like it would be pointing to either a mechanical problem on the machine (binding) causing the motor to stall, or the motor simply isn't strong enough to do what is being asked of it. Or a configuration problem, such as commanding an acceleration or velocity the motor (or motor/drive combo) simply can't achieve.

What micro-stepping settings to use will depend on your needs, and how fast your system can generate pulses and the mechanics of your machine. You need to look at what resolution you'd like to achieve, How fast you want, how fast you can live with, and how fast you can make pulses, then choose a compromise between them.

As to step timings, a good place to start is often about double the minimum timings listed in the manuals for your drives. Those times should be significantly shorter than the fastest times your computer is capable of reliably generating with software stepping through a parallel port, so should be a non issue.

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds