× Forum Header

BOB settings

More
12 Dec 2020 23:11 - 12 Dec 2020 23:12 #191792 by AJH
BOB settings was created by AJH
Hello Everyone,

This is the first post for me. I've built a medium sized CNC router (first time ever) and am using 2.7 linuxCNC. I finally got it wired up per the documents supplied by the amazon supplier I purchased the electronic components from. Today I went through the conf wizard and when I test the axis I hear a 'click' at the beginning, but the X, Y, or Z don't move (I don't feel the relay or drivers make any movement when I hear the click if that matters). I watched some videos and tried searching on the forum, but haven't found anything that matched my BOB style yet to try and figure out what's going on. Attached is the electronics kit I purchased. The drivers are CW5045. I have them set at 2.4 A and 1/8 microsteps currently on the dip switches. Please let me know what other information would be helpful with this issue. I attached the documents I used to wire everything up. I did wire up limit switches, but disconnected them in case they were interfering with something. I also loosened the coupler for the x axis and tried everything again, but I didn't see or feel anything. I set the driver settings from a search on this forum.

Here is the electronics kit link from Amazon: www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MHK54JM/ref...sc=1#customerReviews

My questions are can someone please tell me what type of BOB do I have so I can search more accurately and does anything have any advice on items to test or trace down to see why my axis aren't moving?

Thank you all very much for any help and your time on this.

Andrew H.
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 Dec 2020 23:12 by AJH.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Dec 2020 23:34 #191793 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic BOB settings
Connect the USB cable, will not work without it.
Disconnect the "enable" wires from the drives.
In the stepconf under the "base period" or "base thread" enter 100000, save and test again.

More
12 Dec 2020 23:38 #191794 by AJH
Replied by AJH on topic BOB settings
Thank you for the help. I’ll do just that and let you know what I find out later this evening.

More
12 Dec 2020 23:52 #191795 by Clive S
Replied by Clive S on topic BOB settings
Also before the inputs on the bob will work you will need 12-24V on the appropriate pins on the side of the bob near the blue relay centre two pins.

More
13 Dec 2020 00:55 #191800 by AJH
Thank you for the help on this. Can you show me exactly where on the diagram I need to add this? I’m not seeing any text on the board or in the diagram pointing to the pins that need this. Thanks again.

More
13 Dec 2020 06:03 #191811 by AJH
It’s moving! I realized while doing what you suggested above that the board showed pin 1 being the enable pin-not pin 17 like the documentation showed. I switched it in the config and it’s working now! Thanks again for all of the help, it is very much appreciated. Time to move onto limit switches.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds