× Forum Header

Importing Mach3 File to LinuxCNC

More
03 Feb 2022 20:07 #233904 by fearthelamp
I'm a college student building a CNC for my student org. We are switching our BOB from a parallel port to usb because we can't get enough signal voltage. We have the new usb board and accompanying software but we are lost on how to actually upload a mach3 file. Do we download the Mach3 software onto the the computer we are already using LinuxCNC or to a seperate one and then transfer files via usb? I appreciate the help. Like i said very new to this whole process.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Feb 2022 20:18 #233906 by tommylight
LinuxCNC will not work with USB for machine control.
Importing XML files from Mach3 should work, but i never used it, so not the right person to answer that.
What's with "not enough signal voltage" ?
I am sure most drives work without issues even with 3.3V parallel ports. Also most can be wired to use common +5V although the port is 3.3V.

More
03 Feb 2022 21:00 #233910 by fearthelamp
did some tests to make sure all the drivers and power sources were connected properly by disconnecting the BOB and connecting an Arduino. We got movement that way but reconnecting the BOB and trying to send signals through the parallel port, nothing was responding. The BOB is powered by +5v.

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds