× Forum Header

What the best 4 values for the 57BYG084 step. mot.

More
06 Apr 2011 20:50 - 06 Apr 2011 21:01 #8662 by dedalus
I have these stepper motors:
MFG Model: 57BYG084

Number of Phase: 4
Phase Voltage (VDC): 12
Current (A): 0.6
Resistance (Ω): 20
Inductance (mH): 22
Holding Torque (Kg.cm): 6
Weight (Kg): 0.65

connected as bipolar (with Tiny-step and Stepper motor interface II, from www.mechapro.de) and i don' t know what are the best 4 (time) values for these motor.
Maybe can calculated from these specifications or can be found somewhere ?

Also the question. Are these values depended from the actual provided voltage ? (i try to operate providing 20 volts)

Thank you in advance
Last edit: 06 Apr 2011 21:01 by dedalus. Reason: correction of typing errors

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Apr 2011 11:42 - 07 Apr 2011 11:44 #8668 by andypugh
The only part of the motor spec that matters is the current. You need to set the drives to no more than that.

Step length, space length, direction setup etc are parameters of the drive (and, in fact, only of the interface logic, not the power side).

I would expect to find the values in the Tiny-Step setup instructions.

The supply voltage is not important, and in fact I would suggest going for the maximum that the drives can handle, you will get a lot more motor speed. The drive will handle the current limiting, you can ignore the motor voltage rating.
Last edit: 07 Apr 2011 11:44 by andypugh.

More
07 Apr 2011 12:25 #8671 by dedalus
Hi from Greece
and the thread of Ariadne seems to be unwinding
thank you again

synoptic the characteristics of Tiny-step are:

Technical Data
Power Supply (Logic): 5 Volts +/- 5%
Power Drain (Logic): typical 75mA, maximum 100mA
Power Supply (Power Element): 15-35 Volts
Power Drain (Power Element): dependent on Power Supply Voltage, Motor current and used Motor. Maximum Continuous Current: 2 Amperes.
Control: Clock- and Direction signals, CMOS-compatible.
Step Resolution: Full-, Half-, 1/4th and 1/8th-Steps
Outputs: 1 stepping motor channel up to 1.6/2.25A (effective/peak)
per coil, not short circuit protected

(located at: www.mechapro.de/pdf/tinystep_doku_en.pdf)

More
More
08 Apr 2011 17:20 - 08 Apr 2011 18:28 #8710 by dedalus
Hi to anyone
A. Minimum Command Active Time
Before Step Pulse (Data Set-Up Time) ..... 200 ns
B. Minimum Command Active Time
After Step Pulse (Data Hold Time) ............ 200 ns
C. Minimum STEP Pulse Width ...................... 1.0 µs
D. Minimum STEP Low Time .......................... 1.0 µs
E. Maximum Wake-Up Time .......................... 1.0 ms

If terms C, D, B, A in the above list contained on page 9 in document docs-europe.electrocomponents.com/webdoc...0900766b80d882cd.pdf

are identical to the terms: Step TIme, Step Space, Direction Hold, Direction Setup (withe this order)
sited on page 18 in EMC V2.3 Getting Started manual, i am facing, in relation of the values, a contradiction. Because e.g. the value of Data Set-Up Time is 1/5th of the value of STEP Pulse Width of STEP Low Time, whereas the value of the corresponded term Direction Setup is 4 times multiple to Step Time or Step Space.

Additionally, trying to modify the value of Direction Setup and after going one step forward and back again to this page (Basic machine information) the value of this term was altered to 20000.

(supplying power to the driver board caused to the motors just to twisting, not revolving)
Last edit: 08 Apr 2011 18:28 by dedalus. Reason: incomplete message

More
11 Apr 2011 12:00 #8754 by andypugh
dedalus wrote:

Additionally, trying to modify the value of Direction Setup and after going one step forward and back again to this page (Basic machine information) the value of this term was altered to 20000.

That is possibly the base period of your setup. The direction pulses can't be any shorter than that (nor do they need to be).

(supplying power to the driver board caused to the motors just to twisting, not revolving)

That could be a number of causes, most of them wiring-related. If you have accidentally swapped step and direction wires, that is what you will get. You might also get that if one phase is mis-wired.
How many wires do the motors have? I had a set of 8-wire motors where the documentation was wrong. When wiring for bipolar use I ended up with the two windings that make up Phase B connected back-to-front, so they cancelled out. (so Phase B took full current, and looked fine electrically, but actually produced no magnetic field)

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds