Intel D510MO ITX observations

More
02 Nov 2012 01:05 #26192 by doug6949
After reading so many good things about the D510MO I bought three on fleebay. We have a machine control application at work where fan-free operation would be a blessing so I built a test machine. For some reason this board will not run W2000 so we are trying to get the control software to work with XP. That's an unrelated issue, as the boards were purchased for LinuxCNC. Still, it puzzles me why this particular board won't work with W2000. Anyone care to take a guess?

It's been a few years since anyone has commented on the D510MO. Since I have two applications requiring high reliability (one LinuxCNC and one Think-n-Do) I was wondering if anyone has experienced problems with these boards over the years.

Thanks;
Doug

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Nov 2012 07:11 #26195 by andypugh

I was wondering if anyone has experienced problems with these boards over the years.

Mine still seems fine. Can't say much more than that.

More
02 Nov 2012 18:06 #26201 by BigJohnT
I have two 510's and one lost the LAN but still works other than that, the other one is in my plasma cutter.

John

More
02 Nov 2012 21:32 #26206 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Intel D510MO ITX observations
Its likely that W2K is just too old for the D510

You might try disabling hyperthreading in the BIOS

Googling around suggests that W2K does not like Atoms and
has trouble with hyperthreading specifically

More
02 Nov 2012 23:55 #26207 by doug6949
Thanks to all for the comments. Our IT person said he tried disabling hyperthreading and W2k still wouldn't load. He was, however, smitten with this board and asked me to order some for office computer rebuilds.

I bought three D510's but haven't actually fired one up yet. The D525 I built for my CNC ended up on dear wife's desk. The DG945 (atom) I built for the same purpose ended up going to my parents. Both work great.

I'm going to order several more D510's. Hopefully, one will make it's way to the shop.

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds