GAMEPAD problem

More
20 Dec 2012 22:13 #27904 by Rick G
Replied by Rick G on topic GAMEPAD problem
[quoteI think I need to add some GUI to display if continuous or incremental is selected. It is easy to forget in which MODE you are.
][/quote]
That is why I switched to using two buttons, one for continuous and one for incremental jog with an audible feedback to tell you which one you are in, (as shown in the second example) plus this way just hit the correct button if you are not sure before a move, no guessing. An indicator on a panel might be nice, if you are looking at the panel when using the joypad.

Unless I am missing something I still do not have continuous mode with X,Y or Z axis only (linear).

Could you explain?

Rick G

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Dec 2012 10:57 - 22 Dec 2012 11:00 #27951 by GM2012
Replied by GM2012 on topic GAMEPAD problem

Could you explain?

I've meant that I do not have LINEAR motion in Continuous mode. Or If stick is not 100% aligned my potion will be mixed XY motion.
So that could be an addition to code.

I've added LED to AXIS to show Continuous/Incremental status.

It is simple but I'll show what I've done.

1. Create GUI and save as test.xml in configuration folder
<pyvcp>
	<label> 
	  <text>"Cont/Increm"</text>
	</label>
	<led>
	  <halpin>"LED_Cont-Inc"</halpin>
	  <on_color>"green"</on_color>
	  <off_color>"red"</off_color>
	</led>
</pyvcp>

2. Add line

PYVCP = test.xml

in my-mill.ini under DISPLAY section.
NOTE: PyVCP doesn't work as explained in "Integrator Manual", Chapter 11, 11.1 "AXIS"

3. Add pyvcp.LED_Cont-Inc in "adding new controls to the simple remote pendant" code to the following line:
net joginc pyvcp.LED_Cont-Inc and2.0.in1 and2.1.in1 and2.2.in1 and2.3.in1 and2.4.in1 and2.5.in1 mux2.0.sel mux2.1.sel mux2.2.sel <= toggle.0.out
Last edit: 22 Dec 2012 11:00 by GM2012.

More
22 Dec 2012 18:40 - 22 Dec 2012 18:41 #27957 by Rick G
Replied by Rick G on topic GAMEPAD problem

I've meant that I do not have LINEAR motion in Continuous mode. Or If stick is not 100% aligned my potion will be mixed XY motion.
So that could be an addition to code.

Take a look at "deadzone"
With it you can set the sensitively of the sticks so that slight movements of the sticks have no effect on the axis.

I used this on an early version of the joypad hal , it is left off on the latests WIKI because it made the example even more complicated to follow. (or maybe my fingers just got better)

By the way open a terminal and type

man deadzone

for more information.

I believe on the WIKI there are other examples of adjusting the center sensitively of the sticks.

In short take the signal from the stick send it to deadzone and if the movement is large enough deadzone passes it to the axis.

Rick G
Last edit: 22 Dec 2012 18:41 by Rick G.

More
14 Jan 2013 06:31 #28662 by loboy
Replied by loboy on topic GAMEPAD problem
To use a gamepad with LinuxCNC and Axis I installed the joystick package as well as QJoyPad so I could use the wireless USB Xbox360 controller to move my machine. QJoyPad is used to map the keys on the keyboard to the buttons on the controller. I didn't directly fiddle with any hal configs. This was pretty simple and straight forward. Just thought I would throw this out there.

qjoypad.sourceforge.net/

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds