What's the best way to print 1:1

More
07 Mar 2013 06:46 - 07 Mar 2013 07:41 #30995 by yoshimitsuspeed
Running Kubuntu 12.10,
I have an HP Deskjet F2120 printer with HPLIP installed.
I have drawn up a flange in freecad and I want to be able to print things like this out in 1:1 so I can confirm rough dimensions before going through the trouble to machine the part.
I have tried printing straight from freecad, converting it to PDF and printing it straight from HPLIP, converting it to SVG and printing it from the Gimp set at 100% size and I have tried about anything else I can think of.
HPLIP has an option to fit to page in the settings. This is deselected. I have done this exact same thing using Solidworks in windows as well as saving to PDF and printing 1:1. Why is this so hard to figure out in linux?
Last edit: 07 Mar 2013 07:41 by yoshimitsuspeed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2013 11:06 #31003 by yoshimitsuspeed
Bah
I drew up a 6" square in the gimp and it was right on. Guess it's an issue with freecad. Too bad their forum seems to be down right now.

More
07 Mar 2013 15:19 #31016 by ArcEye
I use Gimp when I want to print a picture to a precise scale or dimensions.

My partner draws dog portraits and has to scale up the heads to a standard dimension from whatever the dimensions are in the photograph.
This dimension is from outside of one ear to the other, so not even all of the photo.

I can physically measure that section of the photo on the screen, work out what proportion of the whole photo width that is and scale accordingly with Gimp and get the desired size print.

I have never found anything under windoze that does it as well as Gimp. Trying to scale something under Word for instance, is hopeless.

regards

More
28 Apr 2013 19:46 #33328 by jd896
usualy there is some scaling to leave print borders is there a border less option available

as for windows i use publisher some times but mainly coreldraw x3 and autocad 2012 both will do 1:1 scaled prints thought coreldraw x3 is easier at first use

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds