Linux 3.14.4 - Xenomai 2.6.3 running on Gigabyte!!

More
02 Jun 2014 10:11 #47614 by accuartisans
All,

Been out of pocket for the last 5 weeks or so, as I had some commitments I needed to complete around the house before Labor Day:). So, I finally got some time to work on my new setup using a Gigabyte J1800N-D2H (It's based on the Intel Bay Trail chipset), 2x2GB memory and a Samsung 120GB SSD drive. I tried the RT_Preempt but I was not as successful as @PCW (I may go back and retry this as I think I have the BIOS settings settled).

Unfortunately, with this motherboard/chipset only a very current kernel will recognize many aspects of the hardware, so I plowed through getting Xenomai integrated. I found 5 compile errors within the git repository for Linux 3.14/Xenomai 2.6.3/Ipipe framework and managed to fix them (I need to some how get these changes over to the Xenomai group?? If somebody can give me a lead as who to email I would appreciate it.)

I am currently using Linuxcnc - git branch "origin/unified-build-candidate-3" which I'm hoping someone can tell me if this is the correct branch currently? I need to rebuild this as I currently did not see the mesa hal code for ethernet support. So, I just needed to get it up and running for now to test the latency.

So, after about a 30 minutes running the latency test I have Servo Thread(1.0ms) 3630 and Base thread(25.0us) 8125. So, I think I'll be OK with this new setup :) Once I finalize everything I'll get it posted on the hardware list and I would like to possibly create a wiki page for the complete setup for the motherboard. I've attached the screen shots of the latency test as it progressed. BTW, how does one inline images on a thread? I tried to use image link to google drive but the preview did not show them correctly.

More to come!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jun 2014 02:53 - 03 Jun 2014 02:55 #47641 by Todd Zuercher
To insert an image into your text on this forum. After you have added the image file as an attachment, a button will appear to the right of where you input the attachment that says insert. Clicking that button will place the code for the image into your message text input box. (the actual image won't show up until the message is posted.)
Last edit: 03 Jun 2014 02:55 by Todd Zuercher. Reason: spelling
The following user(s) said Thank You: accuartisans

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds