EMC2 Interface

More
21 Feb 2015 03:52 #56162 by johnl2
EMC2 Interface was created by johnl2
Hello again guys, I am now milling sideways and it worked out great. Anyway, I have a new question. I was messing with myEMC2 program the other week and accidentally did something that chnaged the increments in the lower right hand corner when in manual mode from 0.01 - 10.00 to 0.01 - 15.00mm!!!! I have been trying so hard to get it back to that but when I closed out of the program, it went back to default and I cannot get it back again! Anybody know how to toggle that?

Thanks,

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Feb 2015 15:30 #56178 by ArcEye
Replied by ArcEye on topic EMC2 Interface
I am guessing you mean jog increments?

In which case they are set in the ini file
[DISPLAY]
INCREMENTS =

www.linuxcnc.org/docs/html/config/ini_co...#sub:DISPLAY-section

regards

More
21 Feb 2015 23:45 #56193 by johnl2
Replied by johnl2 on topic EMC2 Interface
I know they are set there, but this just happened on it's own, so I figured there was a way to change it through the interface. Perhaps a glitch then?

Thanks for responding,

John

More
22 Feb 2015 14:16 - 22 Feb 2015 14:23 #56211 by Rick G
Replied by Rick G on topic EMC2 Interface
To shift back enter "!"

Almost all actions in AXIS can be accomplished with the keyboard. A full list of keyboard shortcuts can be found in the AXIS Quick Reference, which can be displayed by choosing Help > Quick Reference. Many of the shortcuts are unavailable when in MDI mode.

Rick G
Last edit: 22 Feb 2015 14:23 by Rick G.
The following user(s) said Thank You: johnl2

More
23 Feb 2015 00:44 #56218 by johnl2
Hey, thanks Rick, I appreciate it. Now that I think about it, that was the day I first tried messing with the keyboard functions! Thanks again for your help

John

More
23 Feb 2015 02:40 #56221 by johnl2
I tried it but it just changed the rapid movement. What I was asking was how to change increments from the maximum of 10mm to 15mm. The little circles that you click on the bottom right when in manual mode. Is that what you were referring to when you said "enter "!""?

Thanks,

John

More
23 Feb 2015 17:52 #56228 by Rick G
Replied by Rick G on topic EMC2 Interface
To change jog settings take a look here...
www.linuxcnc.org/docs/html/config/ini_config.html

In your ini file.

DEFAULT_LINEAR_VELOCITY = .25 - The default velocity for linear jogs, in , machine units per second.

MIN_VELOCITY = .01 - The approximate lowest value the jog slider.

MAX_LINEAR_VELOCITY = 1.0 - The maximum velocity for linear jogs, in machine units per second.

MIN_LINEAR_VELOCITY = .01 - The approximate lowest value the jog slider.

DEFAULT_ANGULAR_VELOCITY = .25 - The default velocity for angular jogs, in machine units per second.

MIN_ANGULAR_VELOCITY = .01 - The approximate lowest value the angular jog slider.

MAX_ANGULAR_VELOCITY = 1.0 - The maximum velocity for angular jogs, in machine units per second.

INCREMENTS = 1 mm, .5 in, … - Defines the increments available for incremental jogs. The INCREMENTS can be used to override the default. The values can be decimal numbers (e.g., 0.1000) or fractional numbers (e.g., 1/16), optionally followed by a unit (cm, mm, um, inch, in or mil). If a unit is not specified the machine unit is assumed. Metric and imperial distances may be mixed: INCREMENTS = 1 inch, 1 mil, 1 cm, 1 mm, 1 um is a valid entry.

Rick G

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds